Thread: Sometimes it's just good to be out.....

Sometimes it's just good to be out.....

As well as stalking, I do other types of shooting and I'm a gun in a pheasant syndicate up in Cumbria - this weekend was a work party to address some issues on the main pen, plus put a new line of fencing up a hillside to stop errant stock wandering thrugh gaps that had opend up in the old fence.

The plan was do the work, and then camp over with a few beers to unwind. So far, so good - but for the first time, this year my 10yr old daughter decided that she wanted to come up (my son often comes out with me, but my daughter has never really been interested). We loaded the truck, left Mrs Merlin and the dogs at home and headed north; placing great faith in the weather forecast, we ddn't even pack waterproofs......

I'm no going to bore anyone with a long narrative about putting wire fencing up, but it was a sweltering hot day for knocking fence posts in , the cider at the end of the working day went down a treat (cooled in the river next to where we made camp ), my mate took my daughter up to the fell tops on the quad where they spotted some red deer, and the steak sandwiches made around the blazing campfire were well received......

It was a very relaxing weekend, perfect weather - and it was genuinely a treat to have both of my children with me. Happy days - sometimes it is just good to be out...... Hope other SD members enjoyed their weekend as much as I did mine.
    Attachment 29177

Attachment 29178 Attachment 29179Attachment 29180Attachment 29181Attachment 29182
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

cracking weekend mate.

just what the doctor ordered me thinks.

See you soon mate when your down on work duties

jon

You cant beat a day being out with the family, enjoying yourself in the countryside!
    ​Cant wait to do so with my little ones .....
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by 243varmint View Post
    cracking weekend mate.

just what the doctor ordered me thinks.

See you soon mate when your down on work duties

jon
    It was just the ticket!!

We needed to tidy the place up to make it presentable ready for when you come up in November for a crack at some Northern pheasants......!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

We are indeed blessed with stunning countryside in our doorstep!