Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad to see

Sad to see

I had a few friends stalking with me over the weekend i was dropping one of the guys off at a highseat on Saturday evening and there was two lovely big red stags in the field so we sat and watched them , very good heads about 10 yrs old so I left him there watching them about 1 hour later I get a texts saying the stags had gone in to the clear fell which was not my ground it's Tillhill 5 minutes later they where both shoot !!!!! So i made my way over. my friend couldn't believe what he was seeing a man walked out of the trees and over to the stags so my friend just watch the man walked off and come back about about hour later by this time I was there so we watch that could see use plainly in the field they dragged the stags out and drove off . Why are we still killing deer out of season we are only three weeks from open day I couldn't believe it and my friend and I was in disbelief .

gadget

Why did you not report them? Had they seen you?

Contact your local wildlife crime officer and tell him what you have witnessed. Definitely report it

Perhaps they had a licence to shoot out of season as Tillhill do mange large amounts off forestry, perhaps they were poaching, personally I would want to find out and would ring the Tillhill office

if you dont report them are you not just as bad knowing it gone on .could you then not be done as well ???????????

I realise it is not not so simplistic, but most of the time in Scotland stags in forestry seem to have no effective close season.

Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    if you dont report them are you not just as bad knowing it gone on .could you then not be done as well ???????????
    CAME DOWN don't start chucking stones I'm in the middle of talking to people lucks like a out of season ticket . But it's still not right

Good on you Gadget for looking into it but maybe it would have been prudent to say in your original post that you were going to do so? After all there are many passionate stalkers on this site who expect people to do the right thing and someone was bound to say it!

Keep us posted though mate.

I'm new to it all and don't have enough knowledge of stalking to form an opinion on out of season deer control, but I'm guessing it must be required or they would not be doing it?

Cheers
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Very sad Trevor I know exactly where you mean and I'd just make some tentative enquiries first asking a few discret questions in he right place before saying anything officially, then if it turns out to be illegal you can raise hell, but keep your powder dry till your sure, it's all to eay to go off half cocked when something outrages you like this, but it pays to be cautious it may be perfectly legal ifnot morally right and if you kick of without the facts you could end up with the worse end of it, so I think your goig about it the right way m8.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    CAME DOWN don't start chucking stones I'm in the middle of talking to people lucks like a out of season ticket . But it's still not right
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    gadget i was not having ago just asking the question .could you not get done as well because you know and have not reported the act ????
    sorry if you thought i was getting at you
    DJC