Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VECTAL T2000 Loads for .223 Please

VECTAL T2000 Loads for .223 Please

Hello
    Yet again I have been encouraged to buy something which may not be as useful as I had hoped
    I seem to have bought myself a tub of Vectan Tubal 2000 - the plan was to try something different due to the lack of my usual N133
    Internet searches haven't come up with much
    I know I may be a reloading 'prat' but is this a complete cock-up or is there hope for me?
    TIA
    Ed
    Keep watching this forum for my next balls up

Not to mention failing to spell it properly!! - can't seem to change it by editing
    Last edited by Edchef; 10-06-2013 at 17:51.

Ed you won't regret buying Tu2000 it's excellant powder. I haven't used it in .223rem yet but had very good results in .222rem and can't see how it should be any differant. Have a look at this http://www.balleurope.com/recharge/e...556.php?langue=

http://www.peterlawman.co.uk/vectan
    Last edited by 8x57; 10-06-2013 at 18:38.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

hi the RFD that sold you the powder if he can not give you load data i would not use him again

Not sure how this will appear but from Nobel Sport Handloading Manual ISBN 2-9511505-0-4 dated sometime in late 1990s. I bought it in 2000: I wish I could find a more up to date copy.

I've used Tubal 2000 in a 22BR: was pretty good. I've heard it works well in 222.

If this doesn't come out ok just PM me and I'll see if I can send a pdf.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img001.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	468.7 KB 
ID:	29217

I also have a copy of that manual Barkingsnake and I too wish I could obtain a more up to date copy as it contains a wealth of information not found in most reloading manuals. The data in it is however limited to Vectan powders so most people will, unless they can obtain Vectan powders on a regular basis, miss this manual. I find it particullarly useful with regard to continental cartridges which few of the American manuals have information on.

I did find some trace of the manual being updated by only in French that doesn't appeal that much to me (although I can read it fairly well) and I doubt would be on the "must buy" liost for many UK shooters.

Yes, it's a good book...actaully quite impressive in places but I'd expect that from the French. They're dead keen on technical stuff when they get wound up.

you can find data on the web http://www.peterlawman.co.uk/vectan for a start.
    The language may stump some of you but the numbers are the same in ether French or English and you can work up from the data (sorry just had to use the new smiley )

reiver you were only looking for an excuse to use the new smiley, I had already posted the link to the elusive Mr Lawman.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    ....elusive Mr Lawman.....
    "Elusive" is what the Dodo and the Loch Ness Monster are in comparison to Mr Lawman as I think both of those may have answered emails at some time in the past?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).