Thread: Good binos available for reasonable cash

Good binos available for reasonable cash

I was just noticing that cameraland have the Minox 8.5X43 HGs available at a considerable discount with the US price coming in around 311. With postage, tax and duty paid it should be possible to have these in the UK for around 400 and in my view they are pretty good binos for that money. In fact in my view they are pretty good binos for any money.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/minox.pl?page=62155

So, if you are looking binos for a hobby stalker these are well worth a look. This is exactly how I got my pair and I'm more than pleased with them after a few years of use.

I use a pair of Minox BV 8x42 BR. They cost me 168 delivered from a dealer in Germany via e-bay & they are cracking binoculars, well recommended. You can get the 8.5x43 HG's from Clifton Cameras in Dursley Gloucestershire for 396 delivered.

Chris

I've never seen the HGs at anywhere near 400 in the UK Chris so that is a great deal. I suspect the HGs are being replaced with a new line and so might cease to exist soon but maybe it means we can get the HGs at reasonable money. The problem is that the new ones are in the 1000+ bracket though the only difference seems to be that they have a black focus wheel!