Thread: Fox Research

Fox Research

I've had a conversation with FERA who are wanting fox samples from the Lakes. They are looking at Trichenella, which has been found in N IReland, but not UK. If you are shooting foxes in the Lakes and get one, please if possible keep it chilled (NOT frozen - it kills the worm) and drop me a PM

contact Lowther Estate their keeper on shap will get some

I have been advised, by those who know, that there is a hidden agenda and have been strongly advised to not have anything to do with it.
    Peter

I have been told by my most recent farmer, his veterinary thinks the Fox we are culling for him , have been linked to abortions in the dairy herd.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteL View Post
    I have been advised, by those who know, that there is a hidden agenda and have been strongly advised to not have anything to do with it.
    Peter
    Could say what this agenda is please.

Its another fecking conspiracy!!!

I have been sending foxes for 6 months. The main research centre is in York, I have visited it. They took about 20 from me and now they dont want any more from my area. I have a friend who is sending them from Essex too. I have seen all the literature and the pack they send out, they will provide a leaflet explaining the research and then tags and bags, even tie wraps, for you to provide the foxes in. I have met and spoken to a couple of the researchers, one young lady particularly, who was a 20 something graduate and very pleasant.

I would love to know what the agenda is too???? Trichenella is real and the research has been ongoing for some time so I am happy to continue helping.

That might be related to Neospora caninum, that foxes and dogs carry, but the exact transmission is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Buchan View Post
    That might be related to Neospora caninum, that foxes and dogs carry, but the exact transmission is unknown.
    That's the stuff!!!!!, I have asked him if he would consider taking some samples for the veterinary, get it screened & then we'll know what we are blatting em all for.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    I used to work at fera( csl as they were then) and one of the projects I was involve in was the trichanella research. I can wholeheartedly tell you there is and never was any other agenda! It is ongoing genuine research and I know that all help they get is appreciated.

Regards

​steve