Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic Stalking Opportunity with Rick O Shea for a Donation

Fantastic Stalking Opportunity with Rick O Shea for a Donation

three peaks
    Hi guys and ladies after a brief discussion with my stalking partner we have decided to offer a days accompanied cull stalking to try and help terry raise a few more pounds towards the British Heart Foundation, Amelia and the three peaks challenge as mentioned above.

The day on offer would more than likely consist of an accompanied mornings stalk shooting from sticks for roe does on mixed arable land before heading back for one of my famous monster fry ups.

Click here to view the original image of 768x1024px and 96KB.

We would then if desired and time and availability permitting spend an hour on the range shooting a few different calibre centre fire rifles before heading off for a look round at my local gun shop.
    After a light lunch (included) we would then try a stalk over farm land for a fallow and/or roe doe before spending the last hour up in a highseat looking for sika hinds or roe/fallow does.

Terry and fellow sd member on a cull evening last winter the bag could have been bigger if terry had realised that rifles work better with a round IN the chamber lol.

This offer will also include one free trophy fallow buck or sika stag if the opportunity arises.

Click here to view the original image of 1024x768px and 231KB.

Click here to view the original image of 640x480px and 149KB.

If you didnít bring any luck with you and failed to grass a beast {unlikely) these are wild deer after all you will be invited back at a mutually agreeable date to have another try.
    This offer is for one stalker only of any experience (day will be tailored to cater) with a novice more than welcome and estate rifles are available free of charge on request.

The stalker will need basc insurance or similar and all venison will remain property of the estate but can be purchased at dealers rates if so required.

To be taken from the 1st November 2013 until the end of march 2014 at the first mutually agreeable date and with safety in mind the guides word will be final.

Accommodation is not included but can be arranged locally for a modest fee payable directly in advance.

For any further information pm either pheasant sniper 1 or myself and to make a bid just post here
    Closing date will be set by terry

Many thanks for looking
    Jon

Reply Reply With Quote

Today, 21:56 #17
    pheasant sniper 1

SD Regular
    Join DateFeb 2008LocationPissin it down again PoolePosts2,217

Cant believe you dug that picture out Jon..

Many a beast taken down there with yourself, and that's an absolutely stonking offer and very generous of you mate.

Ill copy it up in the Stalking Available section Jon so its not missed.

Thanks again bud, ill try and make it down and meet yourself and the winner at the gunshop.

Atvb

Terry and Family

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu 500 BC

Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote

Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Hi Terry, that breakfast of Jon's has got to be worth a good donation on its own! Just to clarify; are all of these lots going into the draw as prizes or are they being auctioned to the highest bidder?
    Good luck to you for raising money for such a worthwhile cause.
    Regards,
    Rupert
    Last edited by Moonraker68; 12-06-2013 at 06:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68 View Post
    Hi Terry, that breakfast of Jon's has got to be worth a good donation on its own! Just to clarify; are all of these lots going into the draw as prizes or are they being auctioned to the highest bidder?
    Good luck to you for raising money for such a worthwhile cause.
    Regards,
    Rupert
    Hi Rupert.

With three offers on the table I was going to get Malcs Sandra to pull three names from the hat.

However I think its probably only fair the highest overall single donation made by a SD member on the just giving page gets to choose from the three offers.

This might be relevant as all three locations are quite far apart and for the person making the highest single donation it might allow him/her to add a species they haven't taken.

The other two offers can be pulled from the hat.

Does this seem fair guys? and many thanks Rupert

Atb

Terry

With 17 very kind donations from SD members and three stalking opportunities up for grabs its looking very good odds to get your name in the hat

how do you donate

Generous offer and well done. However I am a bit confused. As I read it this is ans auction for one day doing three things. Morning stalk, breakfast and trip to range for a plink, then evening stalk finishing in seat. Not sure what the three different "lots" are? Don't want to seem pedantic but others may also get confused if they're as thick as me.

Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    Generous offer and well done. However I am a bit confused. As I read it this is ans auction for one day doing three things. Morning stalk, breakfast and trip to range for a plink, then evening stalk finishing in seat. Not sure what the three different "lots" are? Don't want to seem pedantic but others may also get confused if they're as thick as me.
    Hi WM

The person lucky enough to get the day will be busily doing all that is offered in this thread offered by John..

The highest single bidder overall will get to choose what he would like out of this and the previous offers not including JayB's which has only just gone up and will be bid on openly on the actual thread itself with the highest offer donating that amount on my brothers just giving page.

As 21 very generous SD members have donated £610 thus far all of their names bar one who made the single highest donation will go in a hat to be drawn by Sandra.

As more offers have and are coming in from SD owners and members its a case of trying to keep it attractive and fair to everybody.

Does this make it easy to understand?

Cheers

Terry

Thanks Terry. I hadn't realized there were other threads with different offers. I had thought this one was being split.

Quote Originally Posted by pheasant sniper 1 View Post
    Hi Rupert.

With three offers on the table I was going to get Malcs Sandra to pull three names from the hat.

However I think its probably only fair the highest overall single donation made by a SD member on the just giving page gets to choose from the three offers.

This might be relevant as all three locations are quite far apart and for the person making the highest single donation it might allow him/her to add a species they haven't taken.

The other two offers can be pulled from the hat.

Does this seem fair guys? and many thanks Rupert

Atb

Terry
    ......sounds very fair to me.

Rupert - get your name in the hat mate! (.....I may be on in your part of the world with work next month; will let you know nearer the time!)
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.