Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help please

Established Poster

help please

Just wondering if I applied for a variation on my ticket for 243 would I get it if its for fox or would I have to have deer on my land, thinking for long range fox....what you say fellas? regards mal

Hi Mal,

I think there are too many variables for the limited info you've given for anybody to be able to respond positively...

Afterall whats to stop you saying you have deer on your land?

Atb

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

book a paid stalk with someone that way you have good reason for a fox/deer caliber.

As PS1 has said too many variables and different attitudes of different police forces FEO's
    However my understanding of a .243 is that it's a deer calibre rifle primarily that can be used to shoot foxes. However I'm no expert in the licensing department & couldn't guess what mood the FEO is in on the day your request lands on their desk!
    Wingy

.243 Winchester was born as a Coyote rifle, and used as a Fox calibre over here.

The next selection is a combination long range varmint and medium game (CXP2 class) cartridge. All over the world the .243 Winchester has become the most popular of such cartridges. Long range varmint shooters already know that the .243 is excellent in that role. In addition, the .243 is an excellent, low recoil, long range cartridge for the smaller species of antlered game, popular with both beginning and advanced shooters. The .243 Winchester became our fourth selection.

from Chuck Hawks writings.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

If you want a 243 for fox you should have no prob if land is cleared for calibre. Simply say you want it for fox but want option for roe. They should be happier giving you 1 rifle as 2

state you plan to load it light ( 70gr) to be used for fox and after a year go back and ask for the deer condition, get you your rifle and keeps the boys in blue happy.

Andy7mm

Established Poster
    cheers guys that helps a bit, I was thinking AGAIN lol...do you think if I ask for my ticket to be opened on 243 that would be an option, its my 4th yr with my ticket ?

Cheshire's policy is .243 is overkill for fox, you will probably get fox whilst deer stalking! I have it for fox, but I had to argue my case.
    If you need anymore info, send me a PM.

Cheers,

​Sion

Quote Originally Posted by mal mason View Post
    cheers guys that helps a bit, I was thinking AGAIN lol...do you think if I ask for my ticket to be opened on 243 that would be an option, its my 4th yr with my ticket ?

I don't know about up your way but in Hampshire they will not open up you ticket until you do your first renewal