Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a new camera for around 200 quid - Any ideas?

I need a new camera for around 200 quid - Any ideas?

The Mrs and I have decided it's time to get a new camera which needs to be idiot proof, point and click for around 200 quid ish.

Anyone got any suggestions of one they've bought and ones to avoid please?

Last one we bought was a Sony sureshot thing yonks ago,

Cheers
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Morning Stratts

We bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7 a couple of years ago and it's brilliant. Point and shoot - idiot proof (even I can use it!!)

It's got a Leica lens, and the newest versions (TZ30 & 35) will be within your budget. Well worth a look

Cheers
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I have had problems with Lumix cameras not being tough enough. Would not buy again.

Regards

​Ed

Thanks chaps Argos have the TZ30 and 16gb card for £208 looks fave at the mo.

NFWM how do you mean not tough enough mate?
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Quote Originally Posted by N.F.W.M View Post
    I have had problems with Lumix cameras not being tough enough. Would not buy again.

Regards

​Ed
    My Lumix DMC FZ18 has travelled the world without ANY problems, it appears that YOU are the problem not the camera.

HWH.

Almost any fairly recent Lumix - buy a second hand/ old stock from Ebay - you can't go wrong
    ​Ed

Used to do house clearance work - ie removing rubbish and furniture, not crash the door, flash bang in etc ...

You can imagine it was quite physical and mucky work. The contract required pics at every stage - I used a Samsung compact digital. Great quality pics, easy to use, but with option of some fancier stuff and took everything thrown at it. They were about £100 at the time.

Now have a Canon DSLR - great, different league - but never with me when 'that pic shot' crops up. So anothe Samsung is on the shopping list - the camera you have in your hand aces the one at home everytime!

To pick peoples brains - a client had a compact digital last year. Cannot recall make nor model and I was so impressed I wrote the details on my hand - only to co-incide with my annual bath night! It was very compact, took cracking pictures and come dusk he pressed a button and the thing produced an image on a par with FLIR kit on an Apache Assault Helicopter! Any clues what it was?
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Was it a Sony with the RX1 sensor....amazing at night...but double the price of the Lumix at around £400
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

2p worth
    i have pentax adventure cam wg1/or gps one it has- 14mp 5xwide, 5xzoom pentax lens optio 10m/33ft , waterproof to 33ft brill underwater pix and film for hols, dustproof shockproof to 4.9ft , hdmi crushproof ,only down side is it can't make a brew also cold proof,its better than my adventure cam but wished i got the gps one so i could upload in real time to pc . when used in salt water just put it in a bucket of clean water allow to dry before opening the unit and get a seconed battery from maplins ,i also made a cheap mount and use it a a gun cam .