Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taping End of Barrel

Taping End of Barrel

Might of been posted before? presume the same applies to taping a mod also, as lots do apply tape to stop water & debris entering the barrel.
    Could be of interest to some, does not contain long range shooting so will-should not offend?

VIDEO - Shooting Tips - Tape On Your Barrel - Long Range Hunting Online Magazine
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

I dont like the idea of it , I was always taught that any obstruction could be catastrophic !

Some masking tape at the muzzle of the gun (if unmoderated) or at the fore end of the moderator keeps water from entering the barrel on a rainy day. This is what I was told.

I usually apply a piece Cellotape to the end of the moderator to stop any moisture getting in as I am getting my kit together in the house. I generally replace the Cellotape after firing a shot. Regards JCS

I always used a piece of insulation tape to the mod end to stop crap dropping in, it just blows off the end no bother still do it to the barrel without a mod fitted always thaught its better to tape than have a load of pine needles or twigs dropping in atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by Johno100 View Post
    I dont like the idea of it , I was always taught that any obstruction could be catastrophic !
    When Mr Bullet leaps out of his case, that tape is off before he gets a half inch up the barrel, the column of air in front of the bullet just pops the tape off, in the case of a barrel "Obstruction" this is not the case, an immediate pressure spike is what causes a barrel bulge, or even a burst, rain drops down the bore, or rain/oil, on your cartridge as it is chambered can do damage.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

The collection sack cut off an UNUSED condom works just fine for me. No need for the 'decorative' or extra hardwearing type!

K
    Ps: How to squander a one thousandth post!

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    The collection sack cut off an UNUSED condom works just fine for me. No need for the 'decorative' or extra hardwearing type!

K
    So no dayglo for you then!! just the blaze hat or armband?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

target bullet hole stickers
    paper, circular, cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    So no dayglo for you then!! just the blaze hat or armband?
    Or scented?!
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!