Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3 Super Varmint?

Tikka T3 Super Varmint?

Hi guys, looking at buying a Tikka T3 varmint/super varmint in .243. Have been reading around and seeing (mostly) positive feedback on these rifles. Basically, I am just wondering if there is much point in going for the super over the regular varmint for the extra money. Also, having had a look at a couple of synthetic tikka's, and not being hugely impressed by the furniture, I was wondering what after market stocks are available/recommended.

I was originally looking at a Howa 1500 varmint in a Bell and Carlson Medalist stock, but am not sold on the action/quality (bolt feels a bit sloppy). Do you guys think the Tikka is worth the extra cash?

tryed a howa its cheap and feels the same .
    tikka t3v all day if this was the only choice of two ,but hope your not gonner walk for miles as it is heavyman get a hardy g4 mod, my pals loves a 58vmax mine was in 308 and was a tack driver with 130 hp's i fitted a Robertson Composites G/HUNTER to both my tikkas in in 25-06 and the other was the 308 it made a good shooting rifle just a bit better to shot and bit longer in the stock.

forgot to say i took off the tikka rail and fitted the sako TRG INTEGRAL 3 RING mounts to mine just cos i could as i used a long scope body and surported it better
    Last edited by paul o'; 12-06-2013 at 15:50. Reason: forgot to add

a mate has got one for foxing and its very accurate but boy is it heavy as mentioned

tikka t3 all the time have shot one for nearly 10yrs smooth bolt running into action l also have synthetic stock be out in all weathers shooting also good accurate rifle with the right mount and scope very rarly miss much if a do it my fault good rifle mines a 22/250.

Thanks for the thoughts guys, does anyone have any views on after market stocks for the T3 varmint?

had the std varmint, twice in .223 and 6.5. Both fab shooters

my t3 fat boy in a robertson tac stock.oh and bye the way tikkas are awesome you will not go wrong and there actions are very good to build on.

Quote Originally Posted by triggersqueezer View Post
    my t3 fat boy in a robertson tac stock.oh and bye the way tikkas are awesome you will not go wrong and there actions are very good to build on.
    That looks absolutely awesome mate... How much did that setup set you back?

Quote Originally Posted by triggersqueezer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carper99 View Post
    That looks absolutely awesome mate... How much did that setup set you back?
    s**t loads but i liked it soo much i pimped a cz hmr to look like it.

the tikka spec is
    tikka action
    robertson stock
    ai mag conversion
    tac bolt
    border straight profile barrel
    barnard trigger
    invisable thread cap
    dura/ceracoated
    all done by dave at valkyrie,it shoots very very well and i would never part with it .hands down the best rifle i have ever owned.i have owned standard tikka rifles and would not buy any other now.standard or pimped there all good