Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: holidays abroad

holidays abroad

Is it just me or does anyone else get fed up when on family holls?
    Me and the family are away at the moment. Mother in law is here with us and im about ready to smother her at first it is great but after a few days on the beach i am bored to tears. I miss my dog. I cant wait to get on the plane tomorrow. Perhaps i should be grateful that we can go abroad on holiday but its just so mind numbingly boring.

Ezzy.

Be grateful. With 3 kids it's the thick end of £8k to get away for a couple of weeks of decent sun & sand, so don't take it from granted

Enjoy the flight back as the weather is sh*tty here and you'll miss the sun :-)

Cheers
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

8k for 2 weeks sun and sand where you taking them Oz ??. Haven't done holidays for years but I didn't think I was that far out of touch.
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

Just Europe, but All Inc so there's no joined-up-thinking needed once there! It's the 3 kids that's the killer - 5 flight tickets and 3 beds
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Completely agree Ezzy, last June went to Florida with wife, little one and in-laws for a fortnight. After the gun shops I was bored s h i t less. This year there all going for a month and I'm staying here 1/2 of Sept & Oct to myself Mmmmmm let's think SHOOTING fest

Going on holiday with inlaws.... I'd rather drink bleach

Our last holiday wasn't bad, it was a nice little apartment with sea views and mountains behind. Right on the edge of Bafa national park which is full of wild boar playing frogger across the newly built dual carriage way.
    It was a bit pricey though... ended up costing circa 50k, but that did include a rather nice chateau briand on the last night.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Going on holiday with inlaws.... I'd rather drink bleach

Our last holiday wasn't bad, it was a nice little apartment with sea views and mountains behind. Right on the edge of Bafa national park which is full of wild boar playing frogger across the newly built dual carriage way.
    It was a bit pricey though... ended up costing circa 50k, but that did include a rather nice chateau briand on the last night.
    Bleach hahaha my sentiments exactly.

use it as a opportunity to catch up on reading all your shooting mags and books that we never find time to read at home ?

You are a bunch of miserable so-and-sos. As someone who has had to cancel his summer holidays to Alsace (which admittedly isn't abroad for me, but it's not here and it's sunny) this year, I have no sympathy for your plight. What the hell, there will always be another 50 weeks of drizzle for you to enjoy afterwards...

Hi Ezzy, the wife and I are 'The Mother and Father-in-law.
    Went to Turkey for a week with daughter, son in law and grand children (we are more like friends than another generation). All inclusive sun, swimming, food and drink. thouroughly relaxing and no probs. 3.5K but it's only money and it keeps me young.