Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: would appreciate opinions on Shultz and larson classic rifle

would appreciate opinions on Shultz and larson classic rifle

Hi not sure if this as been covered but just wanted to know your opinions on Shultz and larson classic rifle DL -Classic .243???

what not a word!!!!

Thought this had been covered very recently, have you tried a search on the forum ?

Neil.

hi neil i did search but found nothing really hence why i tipped my toe in the lions den and asked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peterretep View Post
    hi neil i did search but found nothing really hence why i tipped my toe in the lions den and asked!!!
    I just did a search and got four hits on this forum for "Schultz and Larsen Classic" and a lot more on Google
    Just a tip, but searches work better if the spelling is right

Neil.

i found several bits of info but i really wanted to see what the lads thought on here ... there are only 8 shop workers i think making them or did make them and office staff so small company but quite bespoke overall...

Hi there,

S&L are a wonderful company, very local to where I grew up in Denmark before I moved to the UK. My father in fact, was a friend and shooting buddy of Schultz. I believe they purchased the old Otterup business, which as far as I recall was predominantly a target shooting focused company. They made some very good 7.62mm target rifles with open sights, quite forward thinking in stock design, you will see parallels between them and the recent McMillan stocks in fact! The Otterup barrels are some of the best barrels I have ever seen and used, they are traditionally drilled and rifled and lapped, usually hot caustic blued. They are made of very high quality steel and will last literally a lifetime and a half, I would be surprised to find a shot out Otterup barrel.

So I believe S&L purchased the Otterup company and started producing rifles based on Mauser 98 actions, which they later 'improved' with their own design, and then later designed the switch barrel and take down models.

Personally I find them very beautiful and if I could afford, I would love to own one.

They of course, also make the 'hard core' suppressor (moderator), which unfortunately looks like an adult toy more than a moderator, so does not seem to have attracted the attention it deserves

I could be off on a few things, but I thing the general gist is about right. hope this helps.

​Peter
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

hi thank you for that message i appreciate the time you took to place it on here, it does reaffirm my facts i have found and the quality is classed as exceptional, I did find that not sure in one year late 90's or early 2000's it was i think the classic or victory was voted the most accurate rifle in its class not sure calibre for the value ... but overall good i have read, only negative was a comment on a forum that said" not heard of them that says it all not well known so poor quality" ... the website i also found i think is now defunct Schultz Larsen but they look really good in wood no plastic... etc .. a video is also on youtube but more comments would be helpful... thanks all.

the mod looks impressive along with their muzzle breaks!

just had a reply from the CEO of S&Larsen for anyone interested :-

Hi Peter

We can sell parts to you but shipping can be a problem. Were are you from in the world?

Best Regards

Kristian H Petersen
    CEO

Vaabensmeden.dk
    Jagt og sportsskydning
    Hovedgaden 527
    2640 Hedehusene
    Denmark
    Tlf. +45 38102403
    Cvr/Vat 29983089

I've handled a few S&L rifles and they have all seemed well made and well priced. Strange that they are not more popular here in Sweden. A bit like the late Varberger rifles. Made in Sweden, well made and well priced but never that popular. Funny old world.