Guided stalking in West Berkshire

KevinF

Some dates available October through to March for guided stalking on a West Berkshire estate. Fallow roe and muntjac from high seats or walked up according to preference.

Guide (that's me - please see my joining hello in Introductions) is BDS Advanced Stalker/BASC DMQ II AW. Advice or witnessing possible if required.

Dates, prices and terms from David Werrell on 07831 400147 or david@amvsolutions.co.uk

KevinF.

Why not post prices on here - nothing to hide is there??

Can you say where in West Berks as I'm very close and might be interested.

75 said:

Thanks 75.

Prices depend on what you want to do and are average; less than some, more than others. Easier, and less testing of Forum admin patience, simply to invite people to phone with their requirements. Enquirers always have the option of declining.

The estate is approximately 8 minutes from junction 14, (Hungerford) of the M4.

Hope that helps. Look forward to guiding you!

KF

Fisrt of all welcome to the site Kevin :D good to have you on board.

Secondly please note that for anyone charging our members for stalking we require you to pay for the advertising. All we ask is £10 a month for a shop page advert. It is not free to run this site, so please contact JAYB of Admin to sort out your payment. No disrespect but we seem to be getting quite a few folk jumping on the bandwagon now this site is becoming the Number 1 stalking site thinking they can advertsie for free.

Please can I ask that you underatke this within the next 48 hours otherwise your post will be removed.

Thank you for your time

Sikamalc

admin said:
Fisrt of all welcome to the site Kevin :D good to have you on board.

Secondly please note that for anyone charging our members for stalking we require you to pay for the advertising. All we ask is £10 a month for a shop page advert. It is not free to run this site, so please contact JAYB of Admin to sort out your payment. No disrespect but we seem to be getting quite a few folk jumping on the bandwagon now this site is becoming the Number 1 stalking site thinking they can advertsie for free.

Please can I ask that you underatke this within the next 48 hours otherwise your post will be removed.

Thank you for your time

Sikamalc

Hello Sikamalc -

I agree with both your sentiments and your terms. Am always happy to be a pioneer.

Good luck with a useful site.

KF.

75 said:

Hi KevinF

Welcome to the site.. Its great for all the stalkers on here to have an oportunity that might be closer to home..

This site has a lot of people of varying experiences so its always good to post as much info as possible so that others can then pass on their own personal experiences/recomendations good or bad..

The fact is there are many site members that wouldnt want to see a newbie or inexperienced ripped off

If all is legit it can be nothing but advantageous in giving full details

Regards

Terry

Kevin if it is cull stalking i am sure there is a price that can be posted with out any problem. Like said if you cant post it then don't post at all leave it all to your advert. To many rip off buggers at this game ;)

Personally i think it should be mandatory to put the price up.
I am interested in stalking and meeting new people but I'm not interested in putting there kids through collage.
There are far far to many people advertising that they are doing us all a favor, when in fact they are making a living out of us.
i do not want to ring or get PMs off anyone about stalking that is being offered. i would like to see it in the advert.
All up front with nothing to hide.
it may be a very very good deal but I'm not interested if it is not put up in plain view.

just my take on this.

ATB
Cam

Prices

Gentlemen -

Guided outing is £45 for a 2.5-3 hr morning or evening stalk. Doe (any) cull fee is £40. Fallow pricket £50. Carcasses are buyable at the currently obtainable dealer-rate.

Hope that helps.

KF

So if i am correct to shoot a deer with you is £85 notes minimum and prices go up accordingly after that. Now that wasn't difficult Kevin and may i say at the low end quite reasonable.

Update 28.9.09

Have had contact from a number of interested parties and our days in November are now taken. Am much looking forward to meeting some fellow Forum members.

We have some dates in December, January and February still available.

Oh, and I forgot to mention last time, we can arrange reasonably priced local B&B, or pricier but more couth country inn accommodation, for those that might be travelling from afield.

KevinF.

I was one of the interested parties and went out with Kevin yesterday. Had a thoroughly enjoyable morning and evening outing.
Nice mix of different habitat, highly recommended.

Re: Update 28.9.09

Hi Kevin, Do you have an estate rifle available for the use of clients? I'm just getting into the deer game and want to get a bit of experience under my belt before putting in for a ticket. I have a long background with shotguns and air rifles so am used to safe handling etc.

Cheers.

Re: Update 28.9.09

Scarpa said:
Hi Kevin, Do you have an estate rifle available for the use of clients? I'm just getting into the deer game and want to get a bit of experience under my belt before putting in for a ticket. I have a long background with shotguns and air rifles so am used to safe handling etc.

Cheers.

Hello Scarpa -

You are very welcome to use our estate rifle. You'll shoot a 100m range card with it and then we'll go and find some deer!

If you'd like to pm me with your email address I'll send you our rate card and the list of available dates.

KevinF.

Maybe it's just me but when you are doing a cull it's because the deer are a nuisance, and at 85 quid a pop to help clear a pest problem seems a bit pricey.
I don't mind paying a one off fee to go out for a morning and what ever luck puts before you is yours, but if someone is sat behind with a calculator each time I look at pulling the trigger sorry it's not for me :confused:

However if it is your thing then Hairy Biker says it's good and he's a decent bloke go for it.
It's possibly that I am out of touch with these things :eek:

cull

Im with legaleagle on this I think everyone else,earns money at a much faster rate than me,its the same in every field sport,sad really,,,

'CULL FEE'

It is time to ban the words 'cull fee' and substitute 'RIP OFF FEE'. Or perhaps increase the 'stalk fee' to include the penalty for pulling the trigger.
How is it justifiable to charge £40 for taking a shot in a cull situation !
If you are paying for a stalk the cost should include a shot, when you introduce a cull charge the stalk fee should be called 'Fee to view'
Brianm

Ok, going with your way of thinking - you go out on a stalk, fail to get an opportunity to shoot, but get charged for the privilege anyhow.

I wonder how many folks would feel that was preferable to the more commonly accepted method of charging for 'Paid' stalking?

Rgds

Ian :)

Why should deer stalking be different from any other commodity? Its value should be driven by the laws of supply and demand. The price will go up until demand slackens at which point it will level out. The only difference between cull stalking and trophy is that trophy hunting will cost more because there are fewer such animals. Maybe we should just get rid of the terms cull and trophy and replace them with cheap and expensive.

cheapness

howa243 said:
Why should deer stalking be different from any other commodity? Its value should be driven by the laws of supply and demand. The price will go up until demand slackens at which point it will level out. The only difference between cull stalking and trophy is that trophy hunting will cost more because there are fewer such animals. Maybe we should just get rid of the terms cull and trophy and replace them with cheap and expensive.

Thanks for your post. Pragmatism on costs and an interesting observation on the terms cull and trophy.

I used the term cull stalking in my original post to make clear that we have no trophies this season - just a calculated reduction in the population of (mainly) does. However, earlier this week, having concluded that it was feeding a modest bonfire of negative comments, I edited the post to remove the word cull.

I guess that makes us, by most paid-for stalking standards, just 'cheap.'

I can live with that.

With kind regards to all

KevinF. :lol:

Back