Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: carcasse tray

carcasse tray

I've recently gone through 2 of the Homebase cement mixing trays (cracking down the middle when lifting carcasses out of the car).

Could people suggest a robust, cheap and easily available alternative?

Not cheap but Bushwear one has lasted well. Hard balance as the Ikea 'Slug' bedding box pretty good but life v costs works out about same as Bushwear.

Whoever was next to us at Kelso ( not that strange grump bloke, his very nice assistance forcing constant tea & cakes on people and the kid playing Nintendo side of us ) did a green sledge type box - quite steep at 80+, but very hard quality and well designed - after a weekend eyeing them up I bought one to pack up with!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Thanks for that.

Surely there must be builders supply companies that do hard wearing cement/plaster trays for under 30?

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Thanks for that.

Surely there must be builders supply companies that do hard wearing cement/plaster trays for under 30?
    I think homebase has them mate.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    Not cheap but Bushwear one has lasted well. Hard balance as the Ikea 'Slug' bedding box pretty good but life v costs works out about same as Bushwear.

Whoever was next to us at Kelso ( not that strange grump bloke, his very nice assistance forcing constant tea & cakes on people and the kid playing Nintendo side of us ) did a green sledge type box - quite steep at 80+, but very hard quality and well designed - after a weekend eyeing them up I bought one to pack up with!
    That is probably Richard at StalkersUK. They are top quality, I have the smaller one and it will last for years.

John.

Visla - that sounds about right - many thanks
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

There was a company selling sledge type carcase trays at the phoenix meeting this year for 35 if I remember right. I nearly purchased one but I didn’t have room in the car to carry it home (yes the car was full to the gunwales). The only thing wrong with them was that for some reason they were camouflage. Unfortunately I said that I would make a note of the company but have forgotten already. I shall just have to keep an eye out for them at the game fairs.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    Visla - that sounds about right - many thanks
    A pleasure. Well it may be for Richard if Mungo buys one. I do not think he will be disappointed.
    John.
    Last edited by vizslamad; 13-06-2013 at 14:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Thanks for that.

Try Keyline down in Leith, the one I got from Joppa Mark came from there, and it is really sturdy...if it was going to break it would have done by now I am quite hashy with stuff.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

Laguna goldfish pond, seapets, spot on!