Thread: Leica you really do get what you pay for !

Leica you really do get what you pay for !

i have just this minuite got off the phone to leica customer service , i was enquiring about new front and back lense caps for my ultravids and a new neck strap as the old one is looking a tad duffed up . transfered through to spare parts , order taken and should be with me on monday morning at the very latest !

now thats customer service you expect from an optics company that supply a 30yr warranty as standard !!!

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Glad to hear it.
    Did they charge you as I need a new lens cover for my bins too ?
    Might be a bit cheeky but if you dont ask you don't get.

Sadly I found it to be a very different story when there was a problem with the product itself.

I had problems getting a pair of bins to focus and sent them in to be looked at, I was accused of dropping them and sent an invoice for 600 if I wanted them repaired.

The bins were my pride and joy and had never been close to being dropped, mostly because they were usually round my neck!

I explained my side of the story and they were not interested, I even took it up with Germany and they would not do anything.

In the end after many drawn out conversations I asked if they would go 50/50 on the invoice as a good will gesture, they would not. I asked for the bins to be returned and had them repaired independantly for less than 25% of what they wanted.

I had been to their Mayfair office at least 4 times over this and was made to feel that because I wasn't shelling out for an M9 or such I wasn't really very important.

I see that Edgar brothers are going to be distributing the sports optics side of the business which doesn't surprise me as Leica UK don't seem very interested in it.

I remember speaking to one of the Hooray Henrys from the UK office at the CLA a couple off years back about the Magnus rifle scopes and I have never seen anyone in sales less interested in their own product.

Hopefully all you'll ever need is spare lens caps.
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"

nope free of charge , didnt even get charged postage !

i must admit i have noticed leica dont push their rifle scopes , i always did say that if leica made rifle scopes they would be the best ever , but im afraid i dont rate them .

leica for binoculars and schmidt bender for rifle scopes in my opinion !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    i have just this minuite got off the phone to leica customer service , i was enquiring about new front and back lense caps for my ultravids and a new neck strap as the old one is looking a tad duffed up . transfered through to spare parts , order taken and should be with me on monday morning at the very latest !

now thats customer service you expect from an optics company that supply a 30yr warranty as standard !!!
    Actually, that's nothing less than I would expect from any company these days. This week alone I have ordered two items from Amazon Marketplace which arrived the day after ordering. On Wednesdday, I made an online enquiry about a diesel fuel pump for a Ford Ranger - almost immedialtey I received a call in response, confirmed the part number and the item was delivered this morning. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a new jockey-wheel for an indespension trailer online auction buy-it-now that was ordered on the Wednesday, courier delivered on the Friday all for 35!
    To survive and succeed in business you have to be exceptional in any two out of quality of service, quality of product and price. With a highly competitive market place on price, nowadays it comes down to quality of service otherwise people will simply go somewhere else.