Thread: My Friends Must Go.

My Friends Must Go.

My trusty friends have been with me now for about 5 years. Been out with me almost every day through rain, snow, hail and shine. With a bit of a clean and a brush they have been totally reliable. Every step of the miles I have walked they have been with me, my constant companions but sadly both have reached an end. There may well be a tear in my eye as they depart and are replaced. Will the new ones be as good. Will they understand the way I walk. Ah well here's to a new pair of Harkila Pro Hunter boots. Hope they last as long as the old ones.

Fair play to you Gazza, I've got a pair of the Kevlar ones and they haven't seen a year out!

Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    Fair play to you Gazza, I've got a pair of the Kevlar ones and they haven't seen a year out!
    I take it all back, maybe mine were a dud... Spoke to Harkila at the CLA Game Fair, very good service they said pop them in the post back to us and we'll see what we can do. Posted them back to them yesterday got a call today from them saying there's a new pair in the post! Bonza! Well done Harkila....

I know exactly how you feel gazza. Iv just had to say goodbye to my first pair of crocs. We'v been together just over 3 years but the wife has just put a ban on me wearing them in public as they were faded and dog chewed.

​Matt.

I binned a pair of Merrill walking shoes this week which I conservatively estimate to be 12 years old, have walked countless thousands of miles in desert, African mud, highland granite etc and local footpaths / bridleways.

Best part was they were my chosen footwear for when traveling (I NEVER wear a suit / good clothes on a plane) and, on regular occasions, my good ol' Merrills received looks of absolute disgust in business class sections and the airport lounges all over the world. Great stuff. Sod em - my ticket cost the same as yours?

I thought about writing to Merrills for suggestions about a decent burial but, unfortunately, the were binned by SWMBO

The new Merrills are coming along nicely. Nicely broken in and near total discoloration from sheep sh!t etc and will grace BA or Emirates business class fairly soon.

​Nothing like good footwear.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    ​aye but, you go out if it is raining?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post
    I binned a pair of Merrill walking shoes this week which I conservatively estimate to be 12 years old, have walked countless thousands of miles in desert, African mud, highland granite etc and local footpaths / bridleways.

Best part was they were my chosen footwear for when traveling (I NEVER wear a suit / good clothes on a plane) and, on regular occasions, my good ol' Merrills received looks of absolute disgust in business class sections and the airport lounges all over the world. Great stuff. Sod em - my ticket cost the same as yours?

I thought about writing to Merrills for suggestions about a decent burial but, unfortunately, the were binned by SWMBO

The new Merrills are coming along nicely. Nicely broken in and near total discoloration from sheep sh!t etc and will grace BA or Emirates business class fairly soon.

​Nothing like good footwear.
    Fair play, the next step is sandals and stop wearing a tie

right! that's it im buying some Crocs and she can like it or lump it!