Country Covers Forester Jacket - anyone got any views?

merlin

I'm thinking of getting myself a new waterproof jacket for shooting (although not necessarily stalking), taking the pooches out, etc.....

Has anyone got a Forester from Country Covers? If so, waddya think??

Does it keep you warm? Dry? Do you get too hot, or is it ok for breatheability? etc etc.....

I don't know anyone with one, and I can't find much by way of specific opinions on here....all views welcome!

Cheers,

Merlin

I don't own the Forester jacket but do have a smock from them - good quality and british made. I was told that they started out making jackets etc for special forces. I have tried a Forester on and it is good quality no doubt about it and I think good value for money. Hopefully there's someone on here that owns one that can give you the low down.

I don't own the Forester jacket but do have a smock from them - good quality and british made. I was told that they started out making jackets etc for special forces. I have tried a Forester on and it is good quality no doubt about it and I think good value for money. Hopefully there's someone on here that owns one that can give you the low down.

Again, I don't have the Forrester jacket but I have their Rainshield and non waterproof trousers. I like both very much. The zip on my Rainshield became damaged and for £20 Country Covers not only replaced the zip and posted it back but also sewed on a protective flap to cover the zip which was not on the original. I was very pleased.

Cheers White Hart; I've got one of their smocks & echo the above (it was great at keeping the rain out during a torrential few hours at out in a highseat earlier in the year....). I'm sort of hoping that the jacket gets some rave reviews to convince me to get one as well!!:D

Again, not a Forester owner, but I do have the Falklands coat, which seems to be similarly built. It's done a couple of seasons of filthy weather already in which I seemed to shiver less than others on the shoot, and still looks as good as new. Inner thermal jacket is removable so useable in all but the hottest weather. Material is a bit noisy when new, so limited stalking use, though very cushty up a high seat on a wet morning. I wouldn't swap it. 'Nuff said?

Again, not a Forester owner, but I do have the Falklands coat, which seems to be similarly built. It's done a couple of seasons of filthy weather already in which I seemed to shiver less than others on the shoot, and still looks as good as new. Inner thermal jacket is removable so useable in all but the hottest weather. Material is a bit noisy when new, so limited stalking use, though very cushty up a high seat on a wet morning. I wouldn't swap it. 'Nuff said?

Cheers Klunk; noise isn't going to be such an issue as anticipated use is more likely for when I'm game shooting etc than stalking, so my intended applications sound very similar to yours.

(...I'm almost waiting for someone to tell why I shouldn't get one, rather than why I should if that makes sense....I went to the CC showroom last year when I was down in the SW with work to buy an insulated top for my trip to Finland last Dec, and ended up walking out with a smock as well as a mammoth - not, I hasten to add, due to any hard sell, more down to the fact that my mate has one that he raved about, but the chap that was there was extremely helpful, establishing what types of shooting I'd be doing, suggesting various options, and being remarkably patient as I minced up and down wearing a variety of garments until I settled on what I wanted. Top customer service, and that's one reason why my thoughts turned to CC for new jacket).

I have an Arktis (the military side of the business) Avenger coat, exceptionally well made, good design and well thought out, good quality fleece liner which is a good jacket by itself, very hard wearing, breathability is good as it waterproofing and warmth, I was lying prone in the snow, it was -9 for 45 minutes waiting for a shot at a doe last January and was never uncomfortable, the only criticism I have is the cuff,water seems to travel up it, and when the hood is rolled up in the collar it can be a bit on the thick side. I would happily buy another

Back