Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hornady interlock 100g SP in 6.5 x 55

Hornady interlock 100g SP in 6.5 x 55

Anyone using Hornady interlock 100g SP? Just bought some to try in my 6.5 x 55 but just wondering how people are finding them on deer? Are they too explosive? I normally use 129g SST but thought I'd give these a try. Obviously concerned about too much meat damage but wondered what people's experience is with them. Cheers
    Last edited by 204 Ruger; 14-06-2013 at 18:10.

Are you sure the Bullets you have are an 'Interlock'?

Yorkie.

Attachment 29340
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    Are you sure the Bullets you have are an 'Interlock'?

Yorkie.
    thats what it says on the box, it has he same part number as the Hornady 100g SP's on the web site but the pic is different and clearly shows that they are interlock?
    Last edited by 204 Ruger; 14-06-2013 at 19:11.

Apologies Sir.I can't argue with that and stand corrected. My original thoughts were that Hornady did not offer an 'Interlock' in this Calibre and weight but they patently do. I used to use 100 Grain Ballistic Tips when i had a 6.5x55 and had looked at the Hornady 100 Grain offering but back then it was just a standard soft point.
    I suspect that like other 'Interlock' Bullets it will perform very well.

Yorkie.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    Apologies Sir.I can't argue with that and stand corrected. My original thoughts were that Hornady did not offer an 'Interlock' in this Calibre and weight but they patently do. I used to use 100 Grain Ballistic Tips when i had a 6.5x55 and had looked at the Hornady 100 Grain offering but back then it was just a standard soft point.
    I suspect that like other 'Interlock' Bullets it will perform very well.

Yorkie.
    No probs mate, yeah the 95g Vmax shoot very well in my rifle and I've used them out to 800+ yards on targets but I won't let them loose on a deer because I've seen the mess they make of foxes. The 129g SST shoot we'll and I've never had a runner even on large Fallow but I fancy a load that's a bit flatter shooting without too much meat damage. These seem like a good option. I've also got some 120g Sierra pro hunter but they won't be much different to the 129g in trajectory.

Strange thing is the web site doesn't call this bullet out ad the 100g SP bullet is the exact same part number? Could this just be a printing error on the box? Any ideas anyone?
    Last edited by 204 Ruger; 14-06-2013 at 19:50.

Barnes do a 100 grain bullet. Wouldn't mind trying them.

Check the bullet ! Do not trust the label Hornaday box's!! Lables are strange at the moment.
    I suspect it wont have a canular, ant therefore will be a flat base soft point. And yes I have used them in my .260 rem on Fallow and Muntjack

All the Deer I shot with the 100 gr where killed. BUT I stopped using them as they where not exiting on Fallow.
    The copper jacket was always under the skin, with very little weight retention. Great on Fox though.
    I have now gone back to 129 gr

Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    Check the bullet ! Do not trust the label Hornaday box's!! Lables are strange at the moment.
    I suspect it wont have a canular, ant therefore will be a flat base soft point. And yes I have used them in my .260 rem on Fallow and Muntjack

All the Deer I shot with the 100 gr where killed. BUT I stopped using them as they where not exiting on Fallow.
    The copper jacket was always under the skin, with very little weight retention. Great on Fox though.
    I have now gone back to 129 gr
    as you say they don't have rhe Canular so must just be 100g SP. yeah it's Roe and Munty im thinking of using them on. I dont use the 6.5 for fox anymore.

I've used them from my 260 also. Velocity was crazy (chronographed). I would not use them on deer.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......