In Trouble

Grand Slam

Lads,

I think i have dropped a bo**ock here. As you may or may not be aware i have entered the H4H shoot this year in Monmouth which i am very much looking forward to. Proposed this to the wife and all was well until she realised the date just happens to be the same as our first Anniversary.

So basically does anyone know any decent restaurants in the Monmouth area so that i can dig myself out of this rather deep hole that i seemed to have fallen in.

Cheers in advance

Adam

Best of luck with that one mate, let us know how things pan out.
How about treating her to a days shooting as an aniversary present? It has to be worth a try!

Adam,

i drop similar Bo**cks about 3 times a year - this gets me my longer stalking trips away. Terrible thing "forgetfulness" but as my wife says I some how never forget a stalking trip.
ATB

Lads,

I think i have dropped a bo**ock here. As you may or may not be aware i have entered the H4H shoot this year in Monmouth which i am very much looking forward to. Proposed this to the wife and all was well until she realised the date just happens to be the same as our first Anniversary.

So basically does anyone know any decent restaurants in the Monmouth area so that i can dig myself out of this rather deep hole that i seemed to have fallen in.

Cheers in advance

Adam

You'll be alright mate. The shoot's not likely to run on into the night, should have time to get there, get it done and get home in time for a shiiit shower and shave before taking the mrs out.

If she gives you grief you can pop smoke and make a tactical withdrawal into "But it's Help for Heroes love! Think of all those boys we're helping, surely that's more important than me being at home for the day, we can go out in the evening...."

Also, don't forget it's your First anniversary, if it was your 10th you'd be fecked because you've been married so long. After only one year your mind is still numbed and trying to forget that you only went and signed up for a lifetime of perpetual misery every time you even mention the word 'Stalking'

:cool:

As you state it's your first anniversary, enjoy your shoot & get a bunch of petrol station flowers on the way home. The more effort you make the more they expect next year. Yes you will get grief but just switch off. It gets easier

Ask her to join you for the day, as the organisers are still looking for a few ladies to help with the tea, coffee, washing up and toilet cleaning.

Ask her to join you for the day, as the organisers are still looking for a few ladies to help with the tea, coffee, washing up and toilet cleaning.

Better still bring her along to shoot,,,,unless you are afraid of getting beaten:lol:. I look forward to seeing the meeting between Erik and Mrs 8x57, my money is on the lady in the red corner :D

LOL I feel for you! I just showed this thread to my wife, (17 years into the sentence) and the response was "Hmmm, if it was you, I'd kill you!"

I have finally learned my lesson - given the option last night "It's up to you, go shooting or come to the birthday party with me. I'm not bothered, but I'd like you to come with me!"

The last bit told me exactly how much of a choice I really didn't have!

Try taking her with you, do the shoot while she sulks, then surprise her with flowers, hotel room, then a meal - don't forget to let her know that it's her turn to drive though!

LOL I feel for you! I just showed this thread to my wife, (17 years into the sentence) and the response was "Hmmm, if it was you, I'd kill you!"

I have finally learned my lesson - given the option last night "It's up to you, go shooting or come to the birthday party with me. I'm not bothered, but I'd like you to come with me!"

The last bit told me exactly how much of a choice I really didn't have!

Try taking her with you, do the shoot while she sulks, then surprise her with flowers, hotel room, then a meal - don't forget to let her know that it's her turn to drive though!

The wife and kids will be at the shoot with me. She has browsing this thread on and off. Plan to take her out for a meal on the Saturday night so i will be driving so that i can shoot at my best on sunday. We are staying in the caravan site for the weekend so no hotel room for us lol.

What sort of food and environment do you want?

Nice restaurants are Pregoes on Church Street at the top of Monmouth high street, the Old Court Hotel in Whitchurch owner is a shooter as well an one of my favourite places to eat, if Indian is your fancy then the Jewel Balti at the bottom of town and the more traditional is the Stonehouse out towards the Rolls of Monmouth Golf club. The Bell at Skenfrith is also very nice and has lovely walks if that is your sort of thing. The Inn at Penallt won the best pub in Wales award and the couple that own it are very nice and the beer garden has lovely views over the Wye Valley.

If you are looking further afield then Cardiff has some amazing places and only 35 minutes down the road, Abergavenny has the Angel Hotel which is more up market again and also some nice pubs on the way back to Monmouth along the old Raglan road.

I don't eat out much...

Last edited:
Back