Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do not disturb!!!

Do not disturb!!!

How do you get any peace and quiet to revise?

I'm going to lock myself in a room with my Peltors on.

Still really struggling with dates, (seasons and breeding cycles) my brain just can't collate the information.

Edit:
    ​Wife's just asked me to to strip the duvet cover off the bed
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Sorry mate, just p****d myself. Good luck.
    Difficult one as always. I went away for mine. But I am also crap at studying. Hate it with a passion. Unfortunately I have a lot of studying coming up over the next few months work related.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

"It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Looks like you have a bit to get through !
    Did mine a couple of weeks ago - it's not as bad as you imagine
    Good Luck
    ​ED

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Desks and chairs are a good way to start!!
    Read a chapter and write bullet points on the things you don't know. Read one chapter at a time, then go away and digest. Go over your bullet points and then re-read it then test yourself on the question bank before you go onto next chapter.
    Write down the seasons and put them in your car, on the mirror, at work (the dates won't mean anything on there own, to anyone but you)
    Trying to read and digest huge chunks of information in one go is very difficult
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Si, get one of the online tests signed up. That's how I did mine, you learn the answers- that's how you pass exams. I learnt far more stalking after my Dsc1 than I did for that! Best thing about the tests is you can do on your phone wherever you are. I used to do on the way to/from work and at lunch, 2 weeks and I blitzed the tests.

Seasons are a b#@@#@, but learning the answers is the easiest way. Just remember Scottish roe bucks are for april fools.

Ive enrolled on Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1 Training - Home learning but it won't let me log in for some reason.... and Steve is away stalking until Monday night so I can't phone him to sort it out.

Read the chapters on legislation (ignore NI) and ecology of each species, twice. Go to the questions and treat them as an open book exam, highlight the correct answer, it will be sinking in, go through the now highlighted questions every night until your actual exam, look at as many correctly labelled pictures of deer. I also avoided all other forms of literature while I was studying. I will also add on mine a few weeks ago there were two questions on the exam that were not from the question bank in my manual (July 2012), but if you have familiarised yourself with the manual the answers are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post

Still really struggling with dates, (seasons and breeding cycles) my brain just can't collate the information.
    Point to watch is that the manuals usually give the CLOSE season dates but the DSC questions are for OPEN season dates.

The Jelen on line system really worked for me. I'm sure the on line service can be bought separate to their courses.

I'd did the tests giving the questions I didn't know my best shot, knowing that they give the correct answers at the end of the test.

I then just went over the questions I'd got wrong, repeating the correct answers to myself. Each time I did another test, I got more right, until finally, I got most of them right.

I found this FAR easier than having to read through the whole manual, and learning it that way.

Mark.