Thread: .243 variation

Established Poster

.243 variation

Im thinking of a variation on my ticket for .243 for long shots on fox, I have been shooting 223 on fox for 4yrs now but seem to have a lot of fox standing around 300 yrds just wondering what your views were on Cheshire agreeing, regards mal.

I think you'd have more chance if you put in for .243 for deer and AOLQ

Cheshire don't favour deer legal calibres for fox as a primary quarry, I know others have tried and got nowhere.
    The ACPO recommendations seem to fall on deaf ears where Cheshire are concerned, but eventually they will have to follow suit with AOLQ as most other forces are now applying it.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    I think you'd have more chance if you put in for .243 for deer and AOLQ

Cheshire don't favour deer legal calibres for fox as a primary quarry, I know others have tried and got nowhere.
    The ACPO recommendations seem to fall on deaf ears where Cheshire are concerned, but eventually they will have to follow suit with AOLQ as most other forces are now applying it.
    Oddly, When I asked on the phone for Twenty TAC, I was refused but offered .243 instead!, (As you have had one before)
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by mal mason View Post
    Im thinking of a variation on my ticket for .243 for long shots on fox, I have been shooting 223 on fox for 4yrs now but seem to have a lot of fox standing around 300 yrds just wondering what your views were on Cheshire agreeing, regards mal.

Hi i am in gwent and had a .223 on my ticket which i had not yet purchased, so i rang them to see if i could have a .243 instead as good for foxes and if i did stalking in the future i could use the same rifle.they thought that was a good idea and gave me the variation at no charge. unfortunately it does vary so much between forces

Would it not be better to just dial in your scope for the longer shots? .223 is a capable 300y performer

(I know, I know, it's all about the Toys )