Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacement stock

Replacement stock

Bit of a long shot ( pun intended )Looking for a replacement stock to fit weatherby / Howa Long action
    To replace the Hogue dildo stock .
    Best Regards Brough

try boyds rifle stocks. I had a quote for around 100 quid all in imported. From what ive seen, they're not bad quality and certainly better than the hogue stocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabian223 View Post
    try boyds rifle stocks. I had a quote for around 100 quid all in imported. From what ive seen, they're not bad quality and certainly better than the hogue stocks!
    Thats interesting, where did you get your quote from? I'm weighing up getting a replacement stock also (but in my case for a Tikka).

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabian223 View Post

you will need to do a bit more inletting and finishing of of a boyds stock, no mean feet to get them looking the biz.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

We - and in fairness most other RFDs should be able to source you any of the standard Howa stocks.

The Bell & Carlson ones have been hard to get hold of lately - but seem to be coming through fine these days. If you struggle to get sorted, please drop us a pm.

​Good luck
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/ sent them a direct email. With the shipping charges it worked out to around 100 quid when converted from dollars

Weatherby MrkV or Vanguard, if it's a MarkV is it 6 or 9 lug?

ATB
    Moses
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"

ive just fitted a boyds featherweight thumbhole to my howa .223 and it didnt need any inletting at all and also fully finished ,with postage and payment when it arrived over here it came to 127 ,brilliant value couldnt be happier with it