Thread: Nightmaster 800 Mount

Nightmaster 800 Mount

I have the Nightmaster lamp, and I'm well pleased with it. But I'm not keen on the scope mount supplied. I'm not happy clamping it to my best scope, so I've hatched a plan to try and make a mount that will attach to the side of my bipod stock plate. Looking for bits (rails and QD scope rings on ebay), does anyone else use an alternative mounting method, preferably adjustable for alignment and QD?
    Kev.

SD Regular
    Kev,

Tony at Taclight has developed a mounting system which should do the job. Alternatively try the Greer system from Inovatech. Neither are cheap, but both do the job well.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

2p worth
    i'v got some rail stock not drilled you could cut a qd cheape ring down and fix a drop plate to one remaing upright to the l/r depends on you bolt etc then drill attach the rail to drop arm so it runs along the side your stock like half a saddle mount, you could do away with the the ring bit and as you say space away but fixed to side plate of harris

Is it this mount you use?

Or are you referring to the scope clamp it comes with.

This is the aftermarket mount that Night Master make for the purpose of attaching to a weaver rail so you could always add a weaver accessory plate?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Country View Post
    Is it this mount you use?

Or are you referring to the scope clamp it comes with.

This is the aftermarket mount that Night Master make for the purpose of attaching to a weaver rail so you could always add a weaver accessory plate?

That's just what I need!!!!
    Spoken to Tony, and one is on its way. Waiting for a rail to be delivered, then I can attach it to the Harris Bipod. Gonna take a plunge and buy another Nightmaster, probably the xsearcher for spotting, rather than carting the Lightforce and battery around. Thanx everyone for your imput!
    Kev.

that looks like a small morgage of a mount lol but nice

SD Regular
    Kev,

Also bear in mind there are 25 and 30mm rings with picatinny rail on to mount it as a QR above your scope (again from Tony if that's not what you've ordered) - above the scope means you shouldn't get barrel/mod shine and it should be better balanced being central.

BTW, Xsearcher as a spotter is a good call.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........