Hi from the Netherlands

freelens

Hi, my name is Lens.

I registered today because I like to get more information on how deer hunting is done in the UK.

I've been to the UK several times for rough shooting and hunting tests with my Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer. Last time we shot a Muntjac in Mapledurham and had a perfect stew the day after in the local youth hostel. I must say not everybody was happy with us preparing the meat in the shared kitchen :lol:

Cheers,

Lens

Welcome Lens!

I went for a fishing trip to Falmouth with some friends once. We were also staying in a sort of youth hostel B&B, and we turned the kitchen and patio into a fish processing plant for a couple of hours, as we filleted twenty kilos of pollack, cod and whiting before packing them in ice to take back to London. With hindsight, it would have been better to just stop fishing earlier and take a few whole fish. We were greedy in those days...

Thanks for the welcome to all :)

To get an idea of our activities; there is an article in Shooting times about the rough shooting and some pictures:

shootingtimes.co.uk/features/537694/HPRs_are_Euro_stars.html

facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200412822073086.195977.1532001892&type=1&l=bd115611aa

I forgot to mention that I'm also active in artificial deer blood tracking here in NL. We are planning to do a seminar next year in the neighbourhood of Mapledurham and maybe even a 500 mtr. 20 hrs test....

Welcome Lens
You have some nice srhp's. Always good to see your pictures.

Neil

Hi, my name is Lens.

I registered today because I like to get more information on how deer hunting is done in the UK.

I've been to the UK several times for rough shooting and hunting tests with my Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer. Last time we shot a Muntjac in Mapledurham and had a perfect stew the day after in the local youth hostel. I must say not everybody was happy with us preparing the meat in the shared kitchen :lol:

Cheers,

Lens

The UK SRHPC is putting on a Gundog Working Test in Sussex in August. Details not out yet, but might be worth coming over. I can introduce you to people you probably already know!

Back