Thread: Paul Burke is a gent

Paul Burke is a gent

I had a Kaps 8x56 scope of th site here but due to circumstances I never mounted it. Three years on when I did the cross hairs would not move up or down. The adjuster stuck solid. I tried a bit of brute force and ignorance. The adjuster came out complete minus thread. The brass stripped. I sent it off to Paul. He phoned. He could not get the correct adjuster. Would a slightly larger one be ok. Yes, it is a working scope. Well, he has cleaned it up. Turned a new thread in the lathe. Reset it and got everything working. Expensive??? 35 plus 10 postage. As I said a true gent, thanks Paul. Jim

Yet another happy customer,can't fault the guy.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

First class service and realistic prices.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but would anyone have an email addy for Paul Burke, if he is still carrying out repairs?. I would like to drop him a line to try and get one of my scopes sorted.

I can PM his address tomorrow if that helps?

His phone number is on here somewhere as he doesn't do e-mail.

When last I spoke to Paul he had just had something of a health scare but if not entirely mended was still able to replair a vintage Redfield for me.

K

01217881050 he has been away but home now spoke to him yesterday always 1st class repairs from Paul

That's great thanks for the phone number, I wasn't sure whether he was still in operation. I will give him a call as soon as I get a chance and see if he can help. Thanks blaize, address would be good.

[QUOTE=Timney;960926]That's great thanks for the phone number, I wasn't sure whether he was still in operation. I will give him a call as soon as I get a chance and see if he can help. Thanks blaize, address would be good.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, can't find his card in all the reloading clutter.

Best call him first anyway.

Cheers

K

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    I had a Kaps 8x56 scope of th site here but due to circumstances I never mounted it. Three years on when I did the cross hairs would not move up or down. The adjuster stuck solid. I tried a bit of brute force and ignorance. The adjuster came out complete minus thread. The brass stripped. I sent it off to Paul. He phoned. He could not get the correct adjuster. Would a slightly larger one be ok. Yes, it is a working scope. Well, he has cleaned it up. Turned a new thread in the lathe. Reset it and got everything working. Expensive??? 35 plus 10 postage. As I said a true gent, thanks Paul. Jim
    Plus one from me, I had a scope problem, Paul fixed it, and made a similar charge, a true gent indeed!

Hi

I can only concur with the comments below that Mr Burke is indeed very helpful following need of his expertise - well done and thank you very much Sir!

L