dcs1 bursary at Greenlee

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigadam

I travelled up Thursday night to go out stalking with my friend mike. the wind was against us so wasn't very productive but still a very nice outing. woke up Friday morning and had arranged to go earlier as I was abit worried about the shooting off sticks as I haven't really done this before. I had a practice and realised it was actually quiet easy. the rest of the group turned up and we headed to the class room. we discussed what the course entailed and covered some parts of the manual. we called it and we headed to the local pub for tea. we started at 9am the next morning and started prepping for the test. we covered recossion to start and then the test. followed by hygiene then the test. we finished at 530 and off I went to pub in my van until I caught the sump on a rock and put a big hole in it. Sunday we started at 930 running the safety stalk which was just common sense in my eyes and it is nothing to worry about. followed by the shooting test. then to finish up we did the exam. I felt confident going into the exam as jon Snowdon is very good at passing his knowledge on. he is a very helpful guy and I cannot recommend him enough. I would say if you are going to do the dsc1 I would seriously think about greenlee no matter were you are in the uk. it has very clean accommodation and amazing breakfast. everything you need is on site set in a beautiful area of Northumberland. I would just like to thank the site for the chance to doo the qualification on the bursary and I am very grateful to jon (roestalker). and patrikt for the help he provided. I met some great people fife stalker. and a big thanks to hogey for the tow back down the lane were I had to wait 3 hours for the rac he is a true gent.
all in all it was a truly amazing weekend and I would recommend doing the dsc1 to anyone. it is very factual and stands you in good stead for your stalking.
atb adam
any questions I am more than happy to answer

Hello Adam, Iam pleased that you enjoyed the course, I certainy enjoyed the craic, and the ribbing about checking the zero on my rifle, that said, I was astounded to see how far it was out, but after a little tweeking I was able to get two groups of less than an inch at 100M, I will be OK with that having zeroed it in at 200M, It just goes to show that you really need to check the zero on a regular basis, and in fairness this was the first time I really zeroed in my new Z6, and Iam well pleased with it, now on to some Bucks!!!, bring in the next contestant!!

patrickt

any questions I am more than happy to answer

I'd have thought he'd have been jumping from the roof tops saving £300-00, but it seems rather quite :-|.

I would keep out of it slack chamber as I was told to, I think there is more to it than bigadam is letting on or putting around, Maybe if he answers for himself then there wont be any rumours or guesswork.

why doesnt admin put there side of the story on here then maybe we can judge for ourselves its hard being in the jury and only hearing the accused side of the story, if this is an open forum then surely all concerned should state the facts around the events leading up to big adam having to pay the money back for his dmq 1

I set off to the busary as happy as larry and had a good weekend then 2week later I got a pm asking to pay the fee of 90quid back as I was not eligble for the course. As I have an electrical buisness trying to do the best for my self and have been to spain. So I called jon and payed more than the fee I was required to pay out of principle. Also I have ment to have been paid stalking all over the coutry. Load of rubbish. I have been ouut with freinds for no charge. I specificly said to jayb when I spoke on the phone is its a money issue why I amrreciveing the bursary then not to give iy to me. But he thought I was the right candidate

I was with Adam doing the DSC1 at Greenlee.
He told me about the busary and he also told me that he had suggested to the people giving it that if there was a more deserving candidate then they should have it.
He told me that they said no as he was a suitable candidate.
Its a pity with what' gone on for it to end the way it has.
Good luck Adam

I set off to the busary as happy as larry and had a good weekend then 2week later I got a pm asking to pay the fee of 90quid back as I was not eligble for the course. As I have an electrical buisness trying to do the best for my self and have been to spain. So I called jon and payed more than the fee I was required to pay out of principle. Also I have ment to have been paid stalking all over the coutry. Load of rubbish. I have been ouut with freinds for no charge. I specificly said to jayb when I spoke on the phone is its a money issue why I amrreciveing the bursary then not to give iy to me. But he thought I was the right candidate

I should just like to point out that it is not our policy to air this type of grievance on open forum but, as it has been instigated by the main player I feel that on this occasion it is only fair that I respond on behalf of the site, I should also add that this will be our last word on the subject.

Bigadam attended his course, which was fully funded including lodging, and he passed for which he should be congratulated. Several weeks after the course it was bought to our attention that during the course bigadam made it known that he did not do much work nowadays as he had four men working for him, that he regularly shot abroad and took frequent paid days in the UK, hardly the lifestyle of a suitable applicant for a bursary position. He was contacted over this and at no time denied any of the content, the context may have been misconstrued he said but never denied saying it. He then offered to repay the cost of the course, after consideration he was asked to repay the £90 registration fee and that would be that, he in actual fact repaid over and above the £90 entirely of his own volition, although it was not the full amount of the course.

With regard to the phone conversation with him I cannot for the life of me see how when a bursary was set up in order to assist those who found it financially difficult achieve their DSC1 would I have said it was not a money issue. Of course it is a money issue if someone can afford to do it themselves why on earth would we consider them for the bursary. I said that when we consider applications that money is not the only consideration, the applicants' circumstances as a whole are taken into account assuming that money is a problem for them all. Which means that the story given to us initially by bigadam would have taken into account the financial aspect .

why doesnt admin put there side of the story on here then maybe we can judge for ourselves its hard being in the jury and only hearing the accused side of the story, if this is an open forum then surely all concerned should state the facts around the events leading up to big adam having to pay the money back for his dmq 1

slack chamber, I think you are getting a bit confused you are a member of this site not a member of any jury or decision making process over the running of the site. I can see no useful purpose in your interference or allegations of witch hunt other than to cause trouble, not a pleasant thing.

This will be my one and only reference to the events involving bigadam and his DSC1 on open forum, and I warn you now that if this thread degenerates into a brawl it will be closed.

John

Well bigadam I do not know what you said or what someone says you said,but you where one of the six guys that did the course together.
In my opinion your contribution to the course was second to non.
I have attended many a course during my employment and its the people who help to make the course what it is.
If we all sat there like dummies there would be no fun and I am sure the pass rate would be lower.
I just hope that all turns out well for you and if anyone made false claims about you they get what they deserve .
Best of luck

I have resisted saying anything about this issue, until reading the last post.

We as in the owners of this site offered a certain amount of FREE bursary places to enable those members who, as my colleague has pointed out, could not afford to take their Level 1 course due to financial constraints.

In PLAIN English this would mean someone who is on a low income, maybe with a young family to support and who is struggling to find the funds to get into stalking, and could not afford the fees.

At the time admin was also approached by other organisations and further offers to help were gratefully received, and I would personally like to thank all those that made such generous offers to support this cause.

If anyone taking up a bursary with us has had the funds and can afford the course fee of £90, then we expect them to pay this back so someone else may have the opportunity who cannot afford it. This has been done by Adam as I understand it.

This has not been a witch hunt nor is their any judge or jury, those are the facts. And that is the end of the matter, full stop.

Not wanting to further this shitstorm Any further than it has gone but is it not possibly of Admins own making? Maybe qualifying criteria should be laid out in open forum and applications considered within open peramiters then everyone would be able to view what you need to qualifi ( unimployed, low income, young family, dissabeled, etc)& if anyone has knowledge of a candidate that contradicts said criteria they can PM it to admin beforehand thus avoiding this happening again, however I see it as none of our business if it is funded solely by admin as its their money, that said, should they be asking for money back because they didnt do their homework before handing it out to someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back