Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clear Guidance on the Posting of Section 1 Firearms !

Clear Guidance on the Posting of Section 1 Firearms !

Hi There, Im after some clear advice, the threads ive searched all seem to contradict each other, i have sold my rifle (section 1) to a rfd (not local to myself), but im not a rfd , my question is can it be sent via parcel force, royal mail to them by myself ? some say yes, some say no !!!!! Many thanks in advance for your help on this matter CB

I would call the Police for that question mate!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    I would call the Police for that question mate!!
    Thanks Mate, i did , they said that as long as the courier is licensed i can send it, trouble is , the package is to big for royal mail so they cant take it, but parcel force can take it but depending on who you talk to (at parcel force) they all say contradicting things, they say that they will only post rfd to rfd, ! are there any other couriers that are licensed and will post a package from a non rfd to a rfd?

it can be sent via parcel force but the sender needs to registered with parcelforce as an rfd
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    it can be sent via parcel force but the sender needs to registered with parcelforce as an rfd
    If thats the case,can the purchasing RFD arrange collection from you???

Im going down to the post office tomorrow and see what they can offer, this maximum length issue seems to be a problem ! i know BASC are on the case aswell ! Thanks for the info

Yes you may send it according to terms and conditions of postal company but only in the circumstances you describe i.e. to an rfd.

Why not take it to your local RFD and have them transfer RFD to RFD? Some charge a nominal fee, others may overlook it if you buy a few bits in the shop?

Parcelfarce?..................... I really do hope not!........... I have never received an undamaged parcel from that lot!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I think TNT also ship firearms.