Word of warning!

shotguntom

Just a heads up to any farmers in Suffolk.

We were hit by some thieves last night at around 2am. They also hit the 2 neighboring farms in the same night, and hit 3 farms in 1 night the week before.

They made off with a car (that was found torched!), an IFOR Williams trailor and a few various other bits.

It was reported by the next door farm that it was 3 men in a white transit van.

Keep your eyes pealed and lock everything up.

Tom

The farm is based just outside Thorndon, near Eye. The only item they stole that could be put on there, is the IFOR Williams trailor, and would be impossible to prove its ours..

The forensic team have been round and taken a welly they left at the seen of the crime.

Hopefully they get whats coming to them!

it still may be recovered a few years ago the irish garda rang us about a quad they siezed off the ferry,it was on a stolen trailer that went missing in kent along with a 4x4 from sussex.we had supplied the quad and contacted the keeper who it had been stolen from.have you got a serial number or any thing else that may identify it

We had a trailer stolen from ours a few years ago that was taken with the sole purpose of nicking the local farmers quad! The contents of the trailer were dumped in the poor farmers gateway before they done a runner with the quad.

None of it was ever seen again!

Sorry to here that Tom .we were done a lot till I got some large noisy dogs with big teeth ! Keith may be more aware than us but there seems to be a lot of Honda quads in Ireland and not a lot of dealers or at least legit ones .
norma

The farms that I stalk in Suffolk seem to be blighted by poachers and crime I'm off this weekend I'll keep my eyes peeled hopefully the police will catch up with then

Any link to the theft of 2500 pheasants, heaters and gas from the Keswick estate just outside Norfolk recently?

I was burgled by a pair of career criminals last Summer, they stole almost all my power tools that I use for work, value around £ 2000.

The initial response by Hampshire Police was in their words "poor" (official complaint upheld) but eventually they caught those who were apparently responsible and charged them with handling stolen goods, only around £ 200 worth was recovered.

Despite my best efforts to persuade the CPS to bring burglary charges they refused to do so and would not discuss this with me or even register a formal complaint until after the "handling" court proceedings were completed, I still await their response.

When the case was heard in April one defendant pleaded not guilty and was let off by the CPS with no evidence being offered whilst the other defendant pleaded guilty.

He was sentenced in May and despite being aged 30 and having 29 previous convictions he was sent on "A thinking course for 18 months" - and it is said that crime does not pay!

Speaking from my own experience it appears to me that Senior Police and CPS officials and indeed the Judiciary are content to draw by what are most ordinary people's standards quite comfortable salaries whilst doing little that is effective to combat rural burglaries.

Sorry about the rant but the winners in this situation are the career criminals and the losers are the honest, hard working rural public. atb Tim

Back