Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Avon Skin So Soft - etc

Avon Skin So Soft - etc

...is not the only midge repellant.
    There are now some purpose manufactured alternatives.
    https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php/65001-Smidge-Midge-Repellant

"There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

i will be testing an all natural product this weekend on the west coast everyones saying its really good so fingers crossed its called stupidly simple midge repeland its 3.50 for a tin, up till now been using avon ,atb wayne
    Last edited by mereside; 18-06-2013 at 22:12.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    i will be testing an all natural product this weekend on the west coast everyones saying its really good so fingers crossed its called stupidly simple midge repeland its 3.50 for a tin, up till now been using avon ,atb wayne
    Wayne forget the skin so soft that's fine in England, but Argyllshire midges will eat you wearing that rubbish ,Smidge is now the way to go there's not much better on the market, it doesn't melt you binocs or you plastic stocks.

If your needing a tin give me a call or you can get it in most of the shops or at the Marina along the road form the ground .

The midge has been pretty bad the last few days .

Shopping Cart - Midge Forecast

Thermacell.....works a treat
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

will do bob, hope you have let a few out for this weekend , atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Thermacell.....works a treat
    Lol give you 225 feet of coverage, lmao this is Scotland were talking about, I've seen midge machines in the pub being choked with midges in one night , tell you what I'll stay with the smidge ,I've watched all these lotions and potions and I've watch grown men cry come prepaired .

Its getting them back in the pen just now, we cannot have you taking all our ticks and ked back home .lol

just come back from inverary and the midges were terrible
    i used some stuff which as widows son says will melt plastic and my mate used the avon stuff
    this smidge has been getting good reports so may be the way to go
    ​regards andy

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Smidge is now the way to go there's not much better on the market, it doesn't melt you binocs or you plastic stocks.
    Ah, see I was steering folk back onto Rob's sale thread for Smidge but it got ambushed by Avon fans - so the idea 'kind of worked' except Wayne will now be buying from the Marina!
    Ahh well...
    I agree that Jock midges are positively 'nuclear' compared to Cumbria midges, my time at Glencoe and Gaerlochead in OPs was pretty miserable in summer!
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

I got a thermacell last year, and have been using it for a couple of trips this year. I was bitten to bits one evening without it, and the next with it running i was really happy with it, no midge problems! It is early days yet, but my minimal experience with it is that it will work well

I've been trying Smidge for 2 or 3 years now.

It's the only thing I've ever tried that actually works, other than a head net of course.

However what Smidge does is stop the midges biting you. It will not stop them landing on you and walking about or flying into your eyes and mouth and so on. My experience is that a lot of people are greatly bothered by the midges walking all over them as it itches and that this makes up a major part of their annoyance. I've seen people badly bothered with midges with hardly a bite on them. If you are one of those people then Smidge will do very little for you, if you want to stop midges biting you then I've had a 100% success with it in the sense that I don't get a single bite on the bits I've covered with Smidge.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/