Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merkel 12 bore sbs Boxlock Ejector

Merkel 12 bore sbs Boxlock Ejector

Straight grip beautifully figured walnut stock in the classic English style.
    The metalwork is perfect apart from the color case hardened receiver which has lost some finish.
    Happy to email pictures to interested parties.
    Gun is in Essex but can send to your RFD for postage fee.
    I have not used this lovely gun since I bought it and it deserves a few days out.
    I am looking for 550 for this quality German made gun in lovely condition.
    Send pm if interested.

Is this the one that's almost a Greener clone, with the cross-bolt at the top of the barrel, the side safety and the scalloped action? If so, these are lovely, someone snap it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Is this the one that's almost a Greener clone, with the cross-bolt at the top of the barrel, the side safety and the scalloped action? If so, these are lovely, someone snap it up.
    Same one. I agree they are an undiscovered gem.

I think you need to post a few pics here to make that point. This is the shotgun that I wanted to buy when I started shooting. However, by the time I was able to do so, the Berlin Wall had come down, and Merkel had realised that they were onto something good, prices shot up and they repositioned themselves from the GDR People's Gunsmith to the Super Premium end of the market, and quite rightly so. But I had to go with Brno instead.

I will try to get some pictures up. Funny, when I bought the gun I am selling, the second option was a Brno.
    Merkel has made excellent guns since its inception. They are not as well know, but the quality is and always has been top. I'd love to give the Merkel Helix a go.

Well when the Wall came down, they hadn't changed their methods since the 1950s. When privatisation came, there was some turmoil, but they eventually invested in all the latest production equipment whilst maintaining their traditional know how, skilled staff and apprenticeship system, and now their stuff is just fantastic. It's not even that expensive for the quality. If I had the money, I'd buy a K96 drilling like a shot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merkel 1 (1).jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	29604Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merkel 1 (2).jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	316.6 KB 
ID:	29605Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merkel 1 (3).jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	270.4 KB 
ID:	29606Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merkel 1 (7).jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	29607

Here are some pictures for those that pm'd their interest to me. I discovered some small cabinet nicks on the wood caused by cramped cabinet conditions. I'll take 25 off. Otherwise the gun is sound, inside of the barrels as new, the blueing beautiful, the original Merkel buttplate still on. 525 or if you prefer her much sexier younger sister http://www.merkel-die-jagd.de/en/pro...ppelflinte-41e better add a 0 at the end.
    Be quick, if you're interested as the more I look, the more I want to keep her
    Last edited by 375win; 21-06-2013 at 13:10.

nice gun, barrel and chamber length and choke spec might help sell her
    a barony original

Thanks for the compliment landkeeper. The barrels are 28"long, I am not sure what they are choked at.