Thread: Bazanty Chicks

Bazanty Chicks

Evening All, Has anyone had trouble with the above imported from France this season ?

theyve had a bad year , due to the weather last year and the poor quality wheat fed through the winter the hens went into the spring in poor condition , some french game farms stopped setting at week 6-7

2 Keeper friends have had really bad losses traced after vets p.m to disease at egg stage, after reportingto the importer they have denied any culpability -will probably go to court as we are talking nearly 3000chicks that have died before 2 weeks old.

salmonella Ill bet

Yep you are correct sir-Both keepers have managed to source replacement birds but neither will do business with G/O again, it's in the hands of solicitors now.

like I say , its all down to last years feed wheat , but laying stock should be blood tested at the start of the season and PMed through out . By the way theres nothing special about the breed , its polish , bazant = pheasant , bazanty = pheasants . simple as that , we need to stop importing birds as we are also importing disease

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    like I say , its all down to last years feed wheat , but laying stock should be blood tested at the start of the season and PMed through out . By the way theres nothing special about the breed , its polish , bazant = pheasant , bazanty = pheasants . simple as that , we need to stop importing birds as we are also importing disease
    Well said sir regards Pete

Agree with all of the above -the 2 keepers mentioned were under their bosses instructions to try new fangled strains and are now living to regret it.

makes me laugh , they employ a keeper to do a job then stick their nose in and wonder why it goes wrong but if the keeper drops a clanger its out ya go . I once had a conversation like that and cut him short with "all youve got to worry about is getting on the pegs on time" to be honest he struggled with that

The irony is that the bosses wanted the French birds to improve the flying ability, but the guns struggle to hit the normal birds at 40 yards