Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turning the skull white.

Turning the skull white.

Just ran out of the bottle i wS using. What do you guys find best too
    use and gdand cheap.
    Always think before you pull that trigger.

I use 9 or 12% hydrogen peroxide solution. Got it from sallys hair supplys. I think it was 7 for a litre bottle and it seems to work pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    I use 9 or 12% hydrogen peroxide solution. Got it from sallys hair supplys. I think it was 7 for a litre bottle and it seems to work pretty well.
    +1 I use her's indoors and it makes her so mad! Even use the pot and the brushy thing! Ha ha it drives her bonkers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    or use the powder that you mix yourself from the hairdressers. Nice and thick and you paint it on! don't be worried if the powder is blue, it comes up nice and white!
    Last edited by Paul 600; 20-06-2013 at 14:09. Reason: Spelling

Peroxide is best, you can buy it in bulk on that well known auction site, bleaching powder you can buy from the likes of Bushwear OK if you are only doing a couple of heads but works out expensive if you have more than that to do, same with the cream from the hairdressers , as I said you can buy it on the bay in bulk and in various strengths , while the stronger ones are not necessary they do get the job done quicker and you use less in the long run.
    Be careful if using the really strong ones they can be quite nasty, there is a limit to the strength the general public can buy now,I think it's 30% anything stronger is for industry only and there are regulations on storage etc.

I use the same as Bogtrotter, it is 12% either in the cream which I prefer, or the liquid. it always gets good results, with that % you can always go over the parts that may not have cleaned up again. If you use the liquid then cover the head in cotton wool and soak the HP into it, you will get much better results that way. A friend got my HP from a hardressers supplies. Be careful with the more powerful HP if you get hold of it, left on too long and it will start to corrode the bone and you end up with a powdered surface that keeps corroding made up from the skull disintegrating.
    Make sure the skull is soaked, the HP will then give a smoother and deeper finish.
    Like everything else spend time on the prep and you will always get a better result

For guided Roe deer stalking,. BASC accredited trainer for DSC1 and 2. BASC accredited training centre with courses held regularly.
    www.greenleedeer.co.uk

peroxide all the way, I have a friend who puts some bi carb in the water whilst boiling too, has anyone else heard of this?

I tryed bleaching mole skulls left them 2 days they turned to mush

Quote Originally Posted by Gunman View Post
    peroxide all the way, I have a friend who puts some bi carb in the water whilst boiling too, has anyone else heard of this?
    I use a dishwasher tab in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunman View Post
    Yes, this was covered in an old British Deer Society booklet No17 dated November 1978, all the advice still relevant today.
    A dishwasher tab will also work just fine.