wild goats

big eka

morning all i have been asked to cull some wild goats in wales, has anyone had anything to do with goats ie best time of day etc what calwould you use i have 243 and 3006,am i right in thinking they are classed as vermin but was wondering if there is a recomended culling time of year hoping to go down this weekend if the weather forecast is ok any thoughts and advice ,many thanks

Wild goats are easy but you have to be able to get a shift on if you want to cull numbers! Initially you will get very close but as soon as the lead hornets start flying the little legs take them very fast.

If you know the land try glassing it first to estimate the direction they will go. Once disturbed they normally run down the hill and up the next hill where they will stand looking back, this is where you have to be quick to follow in dead ground.

because of this i would use your 30-06 as some shots may well be a fair distance!

You will not need a dog to follow up as they stink as will everything that comes into contact with them!

This time of year there will be kids around, maybe it would be better to wait until november?

Hope this helps?

Do it round chrimbo time as all the caribean boys will buy em, goooaaaattt curreee monnn widd rice un pees ..yummeeee :lol:

deer man said:
roe steak said:
Goats do stink but big billies have some great horns, post pics when you get some!

They are a nightmare to boil out! :evil: :evil:

You're not wrong there! I did my first three a couple of weeks ago and had a hell of a job. End results were good but much harder than doing deer heads. JC

finnbear270 said:
Legal, It's CurryGoat!, they won't serve you unless you ask for it that way round! :D

I went into an Indian once and asked for a Tarka, the waiter said 'don't you mean a Tikka?' I said 'No, I like my curry a little 'otter!'

Sorry...

JC

was fishing off port logan a month ago and honestly 'galloway goat madras' was a special in the pub in port logan. You can keep that **** cause once you've smelled goat you aint gonna eat it. Minorities, I apologise for some comment made earlier which meant no offence. :lol:

A couple of Galloway goats here.
They make a nice trophy but stink badly and even worse whilst they are being boiled off.
Definately an outside job unless your olfactory organs are faulty.

HWH.

DSCN0332.jpg

Back