Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammo availability

Ammo availability

Had a chat with someone at the Game and Country fair at Parham at the weekend who said his RFD was having trouble getting ammunition due to the gun control issues in the States at the moment. He shoots Remington ammo and said he was having trouble finding an RFD who could get hold of it. Just wondered if anyone else had come across this at all? I recommended my RFD to him to see if he could get it in. Any thoughts?
    Beretta Silver Pigeon 20 Bore
    Browing X-Bolt Stainless Stalker - 30-06
    Countryside Management Diary - http://www.leagueofwrath.co.uk/cmblog/

Yes I have, I purchased the last of the 243 Remington 100gr from my RFD last month and he did not know when he would get new stock.

I now take my FAC with me and if passing an RFD always call in to see what they have left.
    Not looking purchase 100s just the odd 20 to keep my stock at a reasonable level- DSC at the end of August and have be told to bring 60 rounds with me- that and some pre course practice/ stalking will knock a big hole in what I currently hold
    Yesterday tried for Federal/Privi/whatever .308 was held but got a No to anything and a "who knows?" reply to the question of when more was due in

Theres lots of Federal about as the importers EB? have lots and have released it and reduced the price too as they have no powders primers heads etc to sell.

There are 2 places in the midlands area that have lots of Federal and Winchester but thats no good to you guys unless you travelling through.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Interesting, thanks for the info chaps - does anyone know if this is all to do with the gun control issues in the states or just importers having a hard time?
    Beretta Silver Pigeon 20 Bore
    Browing X-Bolt Stainless Stalker - 30-06
    Countryside Management Diary - http://www.leagueofwrath.co.uk/cmblog/

Quote Originally Posted by adjman View Post
    Interesting, thanks for the info chaps - does anyone know if this is all to do with the gun control issues in the states or just importers having a hard time?

What 'gun control' issues?

This thread worried me as I'm down to my last box of my rifles preferred rounds. Just called a couple of local rfds and sourced a couple of boxes no problem.

Big trouble getting Sako 25.06 117gr. One shop waiting since November !

Quote Originally Posted by j0e_bl0ggs View Post
    What 'gun control' issues?
    Guess you missed the election of a certain Mr Obama then.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I understand things are starting to get back to normal on the ammo front.