Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any signs of the red's starting to rut yet.

Any signs of the red's starting to rut yet.

Good morning all.
    I'm off for a couple of days early next week on the hill for the red's,
    All response wood be grately thank full covering all arear's.
    Just wondering if any body has spotted any signs of yet of rutting.
    The weather from what i have seen is to start to get colder as from Friday evening.
    After seeing the excellent pictures on here on a very popular topic it has got my blood pumping already.

Not where your heading but heard my first stag of the rut belling in the Exe Valley near Bampton on Tuesday evening.

Weather has been very mild down here so I doubt that things will really start to kick off for a little while yet.

The stags are starting to rut in Argyll and Bute, We had 4 the early part of this week.

Best rgds

Tahr

Saw a mature stag holding 8 hinds on Sunday,didn't here any roaring but the weather has been mild,this was in the Stirlingshire area.
    It's got a bit colder the last couple of days though so hopefully should bring them on ,just in time for me going to Canada for 10 days
    I was also stalking sika stags on Saturday,they seem a bit more advanced in the rut,compared to last year ,just the odd whistle but the bigger stags with hinds and the knobbers pushed out onto the hill,this was in the borders.

Moose

Heard the first roaring 2 days ago [east anglia]

Red Rut

Red Stags have been roaring every morning and evening now for 5 days. I saw a Stag following close to a hind this am trying to push her towards his neck of the forest . The Sika have been hard at it for a good 2 weeks now. This is in Inverness-shire. David

i was watching a good stag chasing hinds tonight in cumbria

Shot a small stag tonight which had a couple small hinds with it but never heard any roaring.On leaving the wood at last light I saw 3 stags together at the woodland edge ,not sure if it has started or not,although other syndicate members said they heard roaring at the start of the week our land is on Loch Lomondside

deerhunter270

Cheers guy's looks like it is on the way ill be keeping my fingers crossed. Please keep the info coming i'm sure for us all to know & here

I was in the far north 2 weks ago and they had not broken out yet and we produced 5. We were not on the ground for 2 weeks, then, in the last 2 days we had a roaring chorus all around and produced another 5 whilst being very choosy. The switches had a harder time