Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightweight stalking smock/jacket for summer use needed

Lightweight stalking smock/jacket for summer use needed

Hi chaps I did a search but couldn't find anything suitable.

I'm after a lightweight showerproof smock or jacket that can be rolled or folded up and placed in a roe sack that's not going to break the bank.

Needs to be plain olive green/brown as my stalking may involve coming into contact with the public and would like to not look like someone on patrol!

I see MMbeatle has various things on offer at reasonable prices but I'm not sure if they will be too warm?

Any ideas please?

Cheers

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Arktis , Rainshield
    Price: from £79.00
    Product: A310 ?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

At the CLA game fair the year before last I bought a lightweight smock from this chap.

Loden Friedl - Lodenbekleidung und Lodenzubehör für die Jagd - Herzlich willkommen!

Its awesome, and perfect for stalking on really hot days, keeps a shower off and it's not itchy so you can wear it with nothing underneath. I think it cost me £110 but I'm not overly sure. Not bad though considering it is hand made stuff.

At the game fair he said he would ship to the UK but you may need someone who speaks a bit of German to navigate the site.

A bit more expensive but even more lightweight, Paramo do a good smock in Olive drab. It folds up into the chest pocket and sheds water like hell. I have one also and have found it surprisingly hard wearing for its weight.

Ive got one of these ,they are shower proof and breathable, brilliant ,

Montane Featherlite Smock - RVOPS
    Last edited by Johno100; 21-06-2013 at 11:46.

Sexy, Cheers!! Like it mate!! Good for sitting in the highseat I guess when it gets chilly as it doesn't sound very stealthy?!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Being serious for one moment I have owned one of these for over 15 years and live in it all year when stalking as either mid or summer outer layer:

Paramo Mountain Pull On

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by jubnut View Post
    At the CLA game fair the year before last I bought a lightweight smock from this chap.

Loden Friedl - Lodenbekleidung und Lodenzubehör für die Jagd - Herzlich willkommen!

Its awesome, and perfect for stalking on really hot days, keeps a shower off and it's not itchy so you can wear it with nothing underneath. I think it cost me £110 but I'm not overly sure. Not bad though considering it is hand made stuff.

At the game fair he said he would ship to the UK but you may need someone who speaks a bit of German to navigate the site.

A bit more expensive but even more lightweight, Paramo do a good smock in Olive drab. It folds up into the chest pocket and sheds water like hell. I have one also and have found it surprisingly hard wearing for its weight.
    I saw Loden Friedl at the Game Fair a year or two ago and recently ordered a loden gun slip from them. After a bit of correspondence in German (all of mine via Google Translate ) and a couple of photos (showing the Blaser with the three necessary dimensions) a box turned up a week or so later with said gunslip.

They have done a first rate job - uses the rifle sling as the slip sling (if that makes sense) and protects your rifle without all the bother of full length zips, fleecy interiors, etc. It even includes a little zipped pouch for storing the extra ammo. All beautifully made out of Loden. Should be perfect for Croatia (and maybe Sweden as well) later this year.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Another one to add to the mix is the Paramo Fuera Windproof Smock.

This can be rolled up and stuck in your back pocket, great for the warm weather and protection when yuo're caught out in the rain Pramo - Fuera Windproof Smock

A heavier duty smock to look at is the Country covers field smock, I use this one a lot, fishing and stalking.
    Doesn't roll up as small as the paramo though. Waterproof Field Smock - Country Covers

Loads of choices out there but I tend to chop and change as the weather does, horses for courses and all that.
    Last edited by rigboot; 21-06-2013 at 12:19.