Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scope for a .223 that's pvs14 compatible?

Scope for a .223 that's pvs14 compatible?

I've just aquired a cz .223 which will need a scope but I also would like it to work with a pvs14. Has anyone got any experience or advice?
    Cheers

depending on what you got to spend. a lad i know has a swaro z6i 5x30x56 on his 204. with pvs14 on back of it. and swears by it

Quote Originally Posted by jay 22 View Post
    depending on what you got to spend. a lad i know has a swaro z6i 5x30x56 on his 204. with pvs14 on back of it. and swears by it
    I bet it does! can't really justify another swaro to go on top of a >400 cz.

​......unless one came up at the right price

nobody got any suggestions for a mid-range scope that is proven good with a pvs14? Will I need an adjustable parallax?

Cheers

You'll definitely benifit with an adjustable parallax with an add on. I've got a z6i and although I can get a cobra dsa to hang off the back if I screw the eye bell out I'd pick a standard z6 over the illuminated ret jobbie just for the ease of mounting. Its also very easy to knock the illuminated ret on which wont do your mono any favours either. A bushnell 6500 may be an option as a compromise, I've got one and its definitely better than my z6 as it parrallaxes down to 10yrds and seems to need less IR. it's said they track well but in all honesty I've never tried dialling and seeing how it returns to zero as its only on an fac air. Others seem to recommend Mamba lite's etc but I have no experience of them..

SD Regular
    +1 for Bushnell Elite 6500 as a mid range scope.

re: mounting on a Z6i - try using the Pulsar DSA - works very well.

I use Swarovski Z6 and a Nightforce NXS with PVS14 - both work very well. Check Singing Stalkers recent thread on the same issue. There is much said regarding the coatings stopping IR transmission on better scopes - jury's out for me. We all look at things in different ways and hence have our personal favourites.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

PVS 14 works great behind a meopta r1r 3-12x56. Just don't use the illumination on the ret.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    +1 for Bushnell Elite 6500 as a mid range scope.
    I see uttings have got them for under 500, shame they have sold out of mildot reticles

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    I see uttings have got them for under 500, shame they have sold out of mildot reticles
    They regularly have deals on optics, email them. They were out of the mildot ret when I bought mine but they stood the discounted price and emailed me for payment when the mildots were back in stock.

I have a Leupold Mk 4 tactical 4.5-14x50 that I have used an archer and PVS14 on and it works a treat.
    the scope is for sale for 450, cost over a grand new.