Thread: Happy,happy,joy,joy

Happy,happy,joy,joy

My certificates dropped through the door(albeit the wrong door!) today after I gave them up 5 years ago in less than 8 weeks so I would like to thank Police Scotland and in particular FEO John Whitefield for his helpful attitude in sorting them out for me.
    ​I' a happy chappy tonight and may well celebrate with a big f*ck off slice of cake

Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    .....I' a happy chappy tonight and may well celebrate with a big f*ck off slice of cake...
    Must be a teetotaller here (really rare in South Queensferry????)

Congratulations on being re-certified
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Cheers Eyefor

Yep,teatotal and very true about being a rare breed here LOL

Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    Cheers Eyefor

Yep,teatotal and very true about being a rare breed here LOL
    South Queensferry is part of my (dim & distant) childhood.

Long before the road bridge was built we used to queue down the ramp for the ferry. All the family are from Fife and this was quicker that going around the Firth of Forth.

We either used to drive up (best car was a Sunbeam Talbot - reg no EKE 333 - 100mph on the A1 on cross ply tyres ) from Bedfordshire to Gateshead. Overnight at an uncles house then up over Carter Bar (religiously had to stop at the top on the border to tip the ever-present piper), to Jedburgh, Lauder etc and on to Edinburgh where we always drove around the foot of the castle (cobbled roads) and then to the ferry

or

we came up from London by proper train. Been on The Mallard, The Seagull, The Sir Nigel Gresley and The Flying Scotsman up to Waverley Street. Then change trains and over the Forth Bridge to Kirkcaldy.

Great memories - but were so long ago they are all in black and white!!
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).