Wild Horizon South Africa 2013

tommo42

Hi, just returned from a another great two week hunting trip with wild horizon (guy swart and there ph clint gower )in the eastern cape,four of us went and we had an amazing time ,the hunting was fantastic, food and crack was brilliant, we spent several days near grahamstown hunting bushbuck, kudu, warthog then onto sweetlands lodge ,a day at huntershill for gemsbok then down to kei mouth for fishing. The number of species seen was quite unbeliefable we saw all the regular species but also giraffe,sable,hippos,lion,crocs,elephant,cheetah,hyena,wild dog. We managed to hunt 4 kudu,4 bushbuck,4 warthog,3 duiker,2 gemsbok,2 zebra,baboon and finished off with some good shark fishing and lots of other species up to 25lb in weight. anyone who wishes to hunt in africa would not go wrong with guy and his team.102_0783.jpg102_0817.jpg102_0878.jpg102_0903.JPG102_0939.JPG102_0953.jpg102_0988.jpg102_0990.jpg102_1085.jpg102_1097.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Tom, sure you will have a great time, be prepared once you haven been you will go back, all the best graeme

Hi sa shooter, we did well with kudu and some of the ones we seen were huge animals in the high 50's range,the gemsbok were 36-37 inch and one of the areas we were on had good warthog,the amount of game we saw was amazing, its a hunters paradise in south africa,planning the next one in a couple of years hopefully try for a nyala and i seemed to have gained an addiction to bushbuck, all the best graeme

Hi Graeme,

That last Kudu is a beautiful animal, what was the horn length?

I hope the body that belongs to the disembodied hand holding the head up isn't underneath the animal? :eek:

Hi ,that was a very good tracker called chad god bless him i was kneeling on him aswell ha ha,that kudu was about 51 inch,we saw some serious big animals on that ground kudu up to 58inch, my brother shot one just over 55 inch, we had two gemsbok at 36-37 inch, brilliant outfit already looking forward to next time i go in 2015,all the best graeme

Back