Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest ACPO Minutes

Latest ACPO Minutes

For those who haven't already read them, they are worth a read to get a flavor of current thoughts.

http://www.acpo.police.uk/documents/...FELWG-Mins.pdf

So anyone being PNC'd,...... would that apply to a vehicle check?... I was checked when V.O.S.A. went over the vehicle, a bobby PNC'd me & verified my answers to his questions.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Good link to an interesting document.

​Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    So anyone being PNC'd,...... would that apply to a vehicle check?... I was checked when V.O.S.A. went over the vehicle, a bobby PNC'd me & verified my answers to his questions.
    Yes that seemed very harsh to me too but I hoped I was getting the wrong end of the stick

The item on Home Interview demonstrates just how tight the coppers coffers are.
    Personally, I have my reservations about that feeling it is vital that an FEO has the opportunity to look applicants in the eye and get a solid understanding of the security of firearms and ammunition.
    You can tell, from this forum alone, how many blaggers and walts there are out there a phone call to them and 'boom' pull up a sandbag!
    As far away from me as possible please....tin hat on of course.

Outside of that the PNC check would x-reference with PND and NFLMS (should) and 'ping' they should already know you are an FAC/SGC owner for obvious safety reasons before they nick you for doing 85 down the country lanes trying to reach last light...(you know who are...)
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

Thank you for the link - interesting read. A good many positives to take from it, but also a distinct taste that there remains a fixation with minutae - in terms of bending the interpretation of law toward suiting administrative happenstance, rather than accepting the law as it is and altering the entrenched perception of it. ( I used to write Sir Humphrey's dialogue )

Translated - a fixation with minutae and some agnst that the law doesnt support what they'd like to do. So they seek to reinterpret in a favouable way. Shame it does n't work both ways!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

They can't afford a decent secretary.

4. 2. Delivering a high quality service to the public: Some concern around consistency in
    order to avoid criticism; self imposed bureacracy unnessary and or disproportionate in protecting the public.

Unnecessary.

10.3 Tamorite (a 2-part explosive, neither parts are classified as dangerous goods): it was agreed that Martin and Tony would prepare a short advice note for the gun trading associations/shoorting organisations to insert into their journals advising people about tamorite.

Tannerite.

13.3 Mark Groothius sighted Sparsholt College and Warwickshire as examples with regards to
    tuition on the humane slaughter of animals.

Should be cited not sighted, they must be blind.

I was PCN'd in January for driving in a bus lane, I appealed and not heard back, but clearly still a threat to public safety.
    They are having a laugh. Bureaucracy will defeat this.

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    .... they must be blind.

I was PCN'd in January for driving in a bus lane, I appealed and not heard back, but clearly still a threat to public safety.
    They are having a laugh. Bureaucracy will defeat this.
    Or even PNC'd?

"There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

I am not convinced. I wrote the 'sure shot' course and the whole paragraph is incorrect. We are Safeshot and it has nothing to do with Gamekeeping or teaching people without certificates.Obviously lost in translation.
    Last edited by Jagdmatch; 21-06-2013 at 21:00.

Thanks for posting the ACPO document.

A couple of things that I gleaned from it is that the fees increase already appears to be a done deal and Ministers are considering changing the terminology of "occupier"

I am therefore more than a little sceptical about the claim by BASC that they are resisting the fees increase and their assertion that Ministers are unwilling to change the wording of the Firearms Act

atb Tim