Thread: Bipod???

Bipod???

Alright guys hope everyone got some decent plans for the weekend.

Anyway as the title states i am looking to purchase a new Harris bi pod for my .270, i have been browsing the web and was just looking to see if anyone had any recommendations of where to go etc.

Thanks in advance

​Adam

Which model Harris are you looking for mate?

Since I started using sticks, I have taken the bipods from all my rifles. I find them a hinderance now
    But anyhoo. I have both Harris and cheapo Chinese ebay copies, and the copies aint half bad actuarly

Looking for 9-13 in model swivel type. Spoke to 1967spud last night and i think i am now sorted.

If you're not already sorted take a look at an atlas bipod. They are expensive but you only need one for all your rifles instead of a Harris for each. All you need is a weaver rail on every gun and the bipod just slips on and off that in a second once you've mastered it, it makes the choice of shooting off sticks, bag or pod simple. I'd never go back to a Harris..

Quote Originally Posted by Don't shoot dear View Post
    If you're not already sorted take a look at an atlas bipod. They are expensive but you only need one for all your rifles instead of a Harris for each. All you need is a weaver rail on every gun and the bipod just slips on and off that in a second once you've mastered it, it makes the choice of shooting off sticks, bag or pod simple. I'd never go back to a Harris..
    How is this an improvement on a Harris bipod? All you need is a qd stud on your forend and the Harris bipod slips on and off.

The best bipod I have is a "Swiss Arms" Chinese copy of a versapod which mounts onto a section of picatinny, that is mounted to the stud, superb bit of lightweight kit that works very well. Cost me 30
    I also have the original versapod, and a couple of harris ones, but the only one I use is the Swiss Arms on my .22lr

It's not just the quick detach,its the abilty to use either leg forward or backward and either leg at 45•. Also the scan from left to right is so smooth when anythings moving its a pleasure to use. All I'm doing is offering the op a choice as in my opinion and experience of the atlas its a better bipod than a Harris.

Cheers for all the help guys, i hadn't even heard of Atlas before now so i think i will do a bit more digging before i commit.

Adam