Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Belvoir Castle Stalking...

Belvoir Castle Stalking...

Does anyone know who has the stalking lease at Belvoir Castle and if they take guests? Looks like it'd be a ideal place for a stalk as I have to attend a wedding late Autumn very close by.
    Last edited by R8 user; 21-06-2013 at 22:13.

A syndicate has it. No clients as far as I know. Sorry. If you are coming down that way try CWD Andy on here as he may know someone. Cheers

If you look at the website you will see that the woodland is under a FC supported Woodland Grant Scheme. That means there will probably be a professional 'paid' stalker rather than a lease. He (or probably they!) will have an amount of visits that they must achieve per anum to satisfy the grant contract. Taking paying guests out would not be allowed. Much of the woodland in East Anglia is the same. Sorry to disappoint.
    MS

Belvoir has it's own keepers to do the work as I understand it.

I did know the lads who had it but not seen them for a while, if i see the i will ask.

A syndicate has it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    If you look at the website you will see that the woodland is under a FC supported Woodland Grant Scheme. That means there will probably be a professional 'paid' stalker rather than a lease. He (or probably they!) will have an amount of visits that they must achieve per anum to satisfy the grant contract. Taking paying guests out would not be allowed. Much of the woodland in East Anglia is the same. Sorry to disappoint.
    MS
    I had chance of going in the fc wgs or the woodland trust scheme, I went with the woodland trust as i believe what MS says if in the fc grant they can "if " required use their contract stalkers .

Quote Originally Posted by Double four View Post
    I had chance of going in the fc wgs or the woodland trust scheme, I went with the woodland trust as i believe what MS says if in the fc grant they can "if " required use their contract stalkers .
    No, they couldn't do that mate as it is up to the landowner who has permission of not. What they can do though is claim back ALL money paid gross if deer management is not carried out in accordance with the grant as specified! Annual impact assessments are carried out to ensure that this is happening. The grant scheme includes money to pay for stalking to be carried out by a professional. That's exactly how I get paid for most of my stalking.
    We are thankfully not in the same legal state as Scotland where landowners may not have the choice who shoots the deer if deemed necessary!
    MS

r8 user i know some lads that stalk there so i will get in touch with them for you
    ​regards andy

Try the countryman gunshop in derby,I believe they have an interest in the stalking at belvoir
    only when the last tree has been felled,the last fish caught and the last river poisoned will man realise he cant eat money