Thread: Now you see 'em, now you don't. Components vanish in record time.

Now you see 'em, now you don't. Components vanish in record time.

I got on line to my favorite PPU importer to look at some 6.5 bullets and checked stocks on .224 bullets in the process. They had some 53 grain HP 'blems' from a US manufacturer. They were at a smoking good price so I ordered 1000 of them. Today I had occasion to call the distributor to see about the 168grain BTHP 30 caliber bullets they had and was told that all of these 'blems' (except some 77 grain .224's) were sold out. It took just 3 days from when they received barrels of them, until they were packaged and the last of them went out the door.

While I just think this is because they were priced right even by pre-shortage standards it's hard to imagine how long the void will last as people start to buy the stock trickling back onto the shelves.~Muir

The last three orders we've gotten have gone in about three days as well !

At all three shops I'm involved with !

Think last time we got total in excess of 300 pounds of powder for the 3 shops combined . Of course all I ordered was already spoken for as our insurance doesn't allow us to keep powder in stock in the building . But the other two places accounted for about 250 pounds of the order and a good portion was for the shelf !

One of the two told me his powder was gone in less then 24 hours and the other guy said his part was all bought in a tiny bit less then 48 hours !

We got in about a ton of shot and all that went in about a week !

We don't usually order that many reloading bullets from this distributer but I did get some Hornady 6.5mm 123SST and some Nosler 6.5mm 140BT for my own use .

We have another order in at the moment but once again God knows how much of it we'll actually get !

I still would like to get an 8 pounder of IMR4350 for myself but it just ain't looking to likely for that one anytime soon !

Oddly, the ranch supply store in the city must have gotten in some powder last week because when I was in there thursday to pick up hydraulic fluid they had about 8 cans of H322, 10 cans of IMR7828SSC (my new and excellent 6.5 powder) and about the same on H4198. I bought some H322 as I have a lot of the other two already. Also they were allowing a 5 can limit on powder; probably because they deal with folks coming in from the wilderlands once every couple of months VS the locals that hit the other shops at their convenience. I had a friend who says -and he is a plainly honest person- he bought a case of Remington 7.5's for $278 on Friday. He didn't give specifics but he knows folks in the industry and I'm assuming it wasn't a retail sale. I was offered a pallet (50 cases) of .22 Sub Sonic HP for $235 a case but I don't know what I'd do with them and don't want the mess of becoming a dealer again. I may see if I can arrange to have them sold to the Trading Post instead. Twenty-twos are hard to come by here.~Muir

hi muir so the madness still goes on then ? im now using german 22 ammo Serbian 6mm ammo and bullets also European powders as we have had to start to live without components from the usa .

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Oddly, the ranch supply store in the city must have gotten in some powder last week because when I was in there thursday to pick up hydraulic fluid they had about 8 cans of H322, 10 cans of IMR7828SSC (my new and excellent 6.5 powder) and about the same on H4198. I bought some H322 as I have a lot of the other two already. Also they were allowing a 5 can limit on powder; probably because they deal with folks coming in from the wilderlands once every couple of months VS the locals that hit the other shops at their convenience. I had a friend who says -and he is a plainly honest person- he bought a case of Remington 7.5's for $278 on Friday. He didn't give specifics but he knows folks in the industry and I'm assuming it wasn't a retail sale. I was offered a pallet (50 cases) of .22 Sub Sonic HP for $235 a case but I don't know what I'd do with them and don't want the mess of becoming a dealer again. I may see if I can arrange to have them sold to the Trading Post instead. Twenty-twos are hard to come by here.~Muir
    On somewhat of a "good" note the shotgun powders seemed to have eased up a bit !
    I have 25 bricks of 22LR on my latest order . I told them ANY standard or high velocity 22LR !

We have a rather large percentage of what I refer to as bang bang shooters meaning as long as it goes bang and they have a semi decent chance of hitting the ground with it they seem to be happy !

Hence my present order has a pile of hardball ammo for the 223 , 308 , 9mm , 40 S&W , 357 MAG , 38 Special and 45 ACP . Now how much of it they are able to send me is another matter

Quote Originally Posted by ndt man View Post
    hi muir so the madness still goes on then ? im now using german 22 ammo Serbian 6mm ammo and bullets also European powders as we have had to start to live without components from the usa .
    Yeah.
    I know. It sucks. A fellow asked me to sell him a pound of Varget last week. Offered me double what I paid.~Muir

What a tuff life our American friends are having

Quote Originally Posted by blunderbust View Post
    What a tuff life our American friends are having
    Yeah, Ok! .... but remember that the shortages hit here first! ~Muir