Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol magistrate was fined 300 for breaching the terms of his FAC

Bristol magistrate was fined 300 for breaching the terms of his FAC

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

other than him looking like a total bell-end
    it is certainly food for thought (or at least counting)

bet there are more than a few people over their allowance not least those that still seem to believe loose bullets "don't count until made into full rounds"

I want to know how the police knew to visit?
    More to this I'd warrant, wife winding the police up through the divorce would be my bet.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post

Thanks Bewsher500, I just spat cornflakes all over the laptop!

it is certainly food for thought (or at least counting)

bet there are more than a few people over their allowance not least those that still seem to believe loose bullets "don't count until made into full rounds"
    No problem with your powers of observation then, but someone please enlighten me on precisely how these ammunition limits contribute to the prevention of armed crime? atb Tim

Usual caveat about news stories and only seeing part of the picture.

As I read it he had 110 rounds over his permitted holding - so presumably the calibre/ type etc was something he was authorised to possess. The report says it was acknowledged to be a technical error.

Marriage break up is noted - but per the report ( other than excuse for memory lapse ) does not seem to be an issue.

The law is the law and caveat above emphasized - but how exactly has the public good been preserved/ protected and what. In relative terms, what technical and administrative errors have licensing departments made - without any criminal sanction?

If it had been shotgun ammo, there would be zero issue.

I repeat gentlemen, we collectively have allowed the relentless pursuit of minutae, have stood aside and allowed the most outrageous slander to pass unchallenged, have kept quiet whilst the way society thinks about firearms has been changed - and the results are being reaped. I suspect we are by no means toward the end of that process.

As covered in another thread, the potential is there to discuss some changes to firearms administration. The extent and scope of that is hugely restricted by the political perception status which we have. That's reality and not bemoaning that at this time - there is nothing we can do about that today and we are far better achieving the realistic goal here and now. BUT what we choose to do about that future perception is as important and something much closer to home for each and every one of us as an individual.

​Not a manifesto, as always just thinking aloud.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

A nice easy, and some may say somewhat pointless, conviction for the police and CPS. Would a warning not have sufficed?

All convictions like this achieve is to get the backs up of ordinary law abiding citizens.

Which is a stupid law!
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    Which is a stupid law!
    Please do point out one sensible one regarding firearms possession and use in this country!

​The law here is a total ass in this respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    Usual caveat about news stories and only seeing part of the picture.

As I read it he had 110 rounds over his permitted holding - so presumably the calibre/ type etc was something he was authorised to possess. The report says it was acknowledged to be a technical error.

Marriage break up is noted - but per the report ( other than excuse for memory lapse ) does not seem to be an issue.

The law is the law and caveat above emphasized - but how exactly has the public good been preserved/ protected and what. In relative terms, what technical and administrative errors have licensing departments made - without any criminal sanction?

If it had been shotgun ammo, there would be zero issue.

I repeat gentlemen, we collectively have allowed the relentless pursuit of minutae, have stood aside and allowed the most outrageous slander to pass unchallenged, have kept quiet whilst the way society thinks about firearms has been changed - and the results are being reaped. I suspect we are by no means toward the end of that process.

As covered in another thread, the potential is there to discuss some changes to firearms administration. The extent and scope of that is hugely restricted by the political perception status which we have. That's reality and not bemoaning that at this time - there is nothing we can do about that today and we are far better achieving the realistic goal here and now. BUT what we choose to do about that future perception is as important and something much closer to home for each and every one of us as an individual.

​Not a manifesto, as always just thinking aloud.
    +1 I agree but what hope is there for us when our major shooting organisations are too inept to realise that there is a problem and too feeble to do anything about it. atb Tim