Thread: Minor communication failure

Minor communication failure

There is this great woodland on a hill immediately opposite my house. I can hear the deer barking at night when I am in my garden. Having tried to obtain permission since March 2011 (from the day after I got the DSC1) I have been out a few times on invitation of the landowner together with the prof. pestcontroller retained for the deer control.
    This week, some two and a half years after I first asked, and after a long and slow process of building trust, I was finally given the keys to the gates and permission to stalk up on that hill, providing I clear my visits with the Prof. in advance.
    It beggars believe but when I went yesterday evening, for the first time on my own on a piece of prime hunting woodland within sight of my home, very exited...
    ...I found the place OVERRUN with families & kids camping and enjoying the start of their 4x4 driving Landrover club weekend...
    As you can imagine I managed to find a clear line of fire from a high seat between the pitched tents and only by carefully timing the moment I would squeeze the trigger to take out the many deer that were happily grazing everywhere did I manage to avoid hitting a playing child or a barbequing family.
    So the larder is now full.
    And I never lie.

Thats the advantage of the later LR models - the windows wind all the way down - giving you a much broader field of fire when you have to 'shoot through'. The sliding windows on the Series Landys were fraught with difficulty...
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

May I suggest that if you are going to be shooting there on a regular basis, you acquire a .243 because as everyone knows at ranges over a hundred yards it will merely bounce off, especially if the barrel has a 1in 10 twist
    and you load it with 100 grain bullets , thus preventing the possibility of a nasty accident.

Or offer Valet Parking and let BT do the driving.... ( blame me J its Andy! )
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Was it a medal buck?
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .