Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lock Knife Legal Carry E Petition

Lock Knife Legal Carry E Petition

Ok - very conscious this issue is bubbling away generally.

Purpose of this post is purely & simply to draw attention to a running E Petition -

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/43492

PLEASE NOTE - If people could keep the thread alive with posting if they vote; but otherwise could I request that any and all commentary be placed on either existing related threads or a fresh thread be opened.

EDIT SUNDAY 23rd JUNE 2013 - VARIOUS COMMENTS HAVE BEEN PUT INTO THE THREAD. I HAVE COPIED AND PASTED THESE TO A SEPARATE DISCUSSION THREAD, PLEASE GO THERE FOR ANY COMMENTARY AND RETAIN THIS SIMPLY AS DIRECTION TO THE E PETITION, MANY THANKS IT CAN BE FOUND HERE -

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...CUSSION-POINTS

Petition statement from the Govt e petition website ( subject to their stated terms and Crown Copyright reserved )-

Responsible department: Home Office
    Under current UK law it is illegal to carry a folding knife with a lock in public, I believe this is an unhelpful and unnecessary limit on our rights. Locking knives are safer and easier to use than the non-locking ones currently available, we should not be inconveniencing law abiding members of the public in this manner. I would ask the government to make it legal to carry folding knives with a blade lock in public.

Many thanks

Last edited by Moray Outfitting; 23-06-2013 at 09:52. Reason: crown copyright wording
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Done
    This annoys me, I carry an EDC knife every day, and should be allowed to carry the safest one available as opposed to a slipjoint

I carry a leather an it's in no way offensive and is safe to use
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

done, having nearly lost a finger joint with a clasp knife closing , you would think in this health and safety and compensation age ,all non locking knifes would be the ones that needed special need to carry ,if you let someone used your knife and it closed on them ,and a locking knife would have prevented it happening could they claim on you .

Signed
    If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs....you've probably misunderstood the situation.