Thread: GWP stud wanted.

GWP stud wanted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heidi.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	334.8 KB 
ID:	29925

Boyfriend required for feisty bitch -

Guys I am on the hunt for a GWP stud dog to cover my bitch at her next cycle {mid Sept}.

This will be the first and only litter of pups I will be taking from her before spaying, and I will be keeping the largest dog [pup} of the litter for myself, so i'm keen to get it right.

I will be using mostly on deer hence i'm looking for a large heavy built stug dog that must be of proven working lines and ability. . . I am happy to travel for the right dog.

Any suggestions well received.

CADEX
    Last edited by Cadex; 02-07-2013 at 14:14.

A year to early for my chap..

Nutty

what about benc,s dog, he is a mighty looking dog and from what I have read very capable

Alright euan, if ur headin to the grouse again this year will be a good wire on display, he's a big hairy boy, nice temperment and cracking worker on birds, infact very few hpr's can touch it in trials and FTCH to boot. Plus fairly local for u.

Nutty is ur dog not related to euans? I know they were both breed by dennis althou out off diferent bitches, but i thought he used same stud or both litters. I may be wrong on the stud thou

Might help if u put rough breeding/lines off ur dog up euan as a lot off dogs are closely related

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    Alright euan, if ur headin to the grouse again this year will be a good wire on display, he's a big hairy boy, nice temperment and cracking worker on birds, infact very few hpr's can touch it in trials and FTCH to boot. Plus fairly local for u.

Nutty is ur dog not related to euans? I know they were both breed by dennis althou out off diferent bitches, but i thought he used same stud or both litters. I may be wrong on the stud thou

Might help if u put rough breeding/lines off ur dog up euan as a lot off dogs are closely related

The two litters that Dennis bred used different stud dogs. The older litter being 3 or 4 years old? Molly was the bitch? Monster of a dog? The litter that Nutty's dog came from was the first litter sired by that dog. It also sired a litter that I bred.

I was going to suggest a dog that I know of, but I think it may be a litter mate to your dog cadex! I know about 15 of the things and they're all bloody related!

Once both of my dogs have died, I'm gonna go abroad and get one dog that will sire his replacement and not have bitches again.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

That'll be about right, prob around 3ish, i looked at the first litter, and she was a big bitch. I thought dennis used the same stud but wasn't sure so u'll be right enough

The dog i was on about will be a litter brother of ur's shabz (Jackies dog Quill). I take it ur bitch is a big bitch shabz, seen 2 of the dogs out off that litter and both big

It's surprising how many dogs are related to each other esp in the more uncommon working breeds (most hpr's)

Guys thanks for the suggestions and advice and to all who have PM'd me.

Nutty . . i'm sure your dog and mine are related . . . My dog came from monster Molly. She has turned out to be a large solid GWP although not as large as her mother.

Isn't yours a pup from Zelda ?
    Last edited by Cadex; 23-06-2013 at 12:32.

Yes all going to plan and work allowing i'm keen to be back at the grouse this year mate . . . who does this big hairy boy belong to?

Quote Originally Posted by the scudd View Post
    what about benc,s dog, he is a mighty looking dog and from what I have read very capable
    He is a cracker well built plenty of bone and nicely athletic, I've used him on my bitch with pups due this week, he is good pedigree wise in that he doesn't have the normal uk lines in his pedigree which was my main requirement.
    the only downside is the 400 miles or so distance apart

The dog i was on about will be a litter brother of ur's shabz (Jackies dog Quill). I take it ur bitch is a big bitch shabz, seen 2 of the dogs out off that litter and both big

If mine wasn't his sister, he would be the only dog I would consider as a stud. I'm desperate to get him to sire a litter with Dennis' dog zelda. Those pups would be amazing.

My dog isn't massive (certainly not as big as Molly is) she's pretty much the smallest the breed standard allows, about 22 inches at the shoulder. I'm fairly sure that she was the runt of the litter though. They're very fast dogs that cover a whole heap of ground. I just throw mine into fields and stand at the gate waiting for her to point. She does the rest herself, she moves up the hedge with the wind and then quarters the field into it. Super lazy work! I'm sure quill will work a bit more like a FTCH but mine is everything I need.

Have you seen jackies youngest pup? The black and white one? She came from the litter that I bred. Sired by the same dog as Nutty's dog.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.