Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tikka t3 stainless schmit&bender set up how much you think it's worth

Tikka t3 stainless schmit&bender set up how much you think it's worth

Looking at a second hand tikka today in local gun shop, just wanted to run it past you fellas, see if its a bit pricey or not , I'm thinking its border line ( not bad but not good)!
    this is the set up
    tikka t3 stainless 1in8 twist (looks in excellent condition but couldn't tell me how many rounds been through it).
    schmit&bender 8x56 klassic 30mm tube (not illuminated)
    stainless optilock mounts
    t8 momoderator with bush
    harris 6to9" swivel bipod
    and a sling it all looks like it hasn't had much use.
    asking price 1195 said he would do for 1150
    ​what do you think thoughts much appreciated

What calibre is it? (not that that would affect the price too much i guess?)
    Seems ok price i guess (not great but ok).
    You can find S&B 8x56 for 400ish on here from time to time
    T8's usually go for 100-150 2nd hand
    Say 50 for the bipod and 50 for the mounts?
    Thats leave 550 for the rifle (and the sling for free!)

Unless my calculations are off (which is more than possible)

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkbait View Post
    Looking at a second hand tikka today in local gun shop, just wanted to run it past you fellas, see if its a bit pricey or not , I'm thinking its border line ( not bad but not good)!
    this is the set up
    tikka t3 stainless 1in8 twist (looks in excellent condition but couldn't tell me how many rounds been through it).
    schmit&bender 8x56 klassic 30mm tube (not illuminated)
    stainless optilock mounts
    t8 momoderator with bush
    harris 6to9" swivel bipod
    and a sling it all looks like it hasn't had much use.
    asking price 1195 said he would do for 1150
    ​what do you think thoughts much appreciated
    Similar set ups or indeed the parts rifle/scope/mod come up I here regularly, I'd have thought 9-950 would be a fair price. The dealer will have overheads to cover too. It really depends on whether or not you want it all now or prepared to buy over a month or two to get the above at a lesser price buying bit by bit.

​TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

It's .223 thought it a bit on high side I did offer 1000 but he declined, I'm in no rush and can wait to see if anything else comes up , did ask him if he would split the gun up as I've already a scope to go on but as thought he said no.

It's .223 thought it a bit on high side I did offer 1000 but he declined, I'm in no rush and can wait to see if anything else comes up , did ask him if he would split the gun up as I've already a scope to go on but as thought he said no.
    You could always buy the package and sell the scope on here (someone will give you 400 for it)!

Was thinking the same thing mike , that's about the going rate for them it's made in Hungary rather than Germany so sells for a bit cheaper , I think I'm going to hold off for a couple of weeks see if he's still got it then offer 1100 for it, see what happens!

Was thinking the same thing mike , that's about the going rate for them it's made in Hungary rather than Germany so sells for a bit cheaper , I think I'm going to hold off for a couple of weeks see if he's still got it then offer 1100 for it, see what happens!
    Be better off holding off for a month and offering 950, looking round guntrader and the other buy/sell forums there's plenty about and it seems a buyers market.
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

Don't know if this help but my friend was looking for a similar set up. He got a stainless synthetic t3 wild cat mod swivel pod nightforce 5.5-22x56 all for 750. So I would keep looking.

You may find trouble getting bullets below 60gn to shoot through a 1 in 8 twist. Forewarned is forearmed.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Thanks fellas good advice