Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stag1933.

Stag1933.

I think it`s about time we made Stag1933 an honourable life member of the forum.
    Any thoughts?
    basil.

Is he H.W.H. by any chance if so a wealth of knowledge and a straight talking guy who doesn't stand fools gracefully yet is willing to advise people on his passion of deerstalking, a member of a fraternity to which I belong whom he has helped and I'm in my sixties, if so he deserves it deerwarden

Quote Originally Posted by deerwarden
    Is he H.W.H. by any chance if so a wealth of knowledge and a straight talking guy who doesn't stand fools gracefully yet is willing to advise people on his passion of deerstalking, a member of a fraternity to which I belong whom he has helped and I'm in my sixties, if so he deserves it deerwarden
    Him he is. And i won`t stop till he gets it.
    basil.

HWH

H W H is a real gent, he helped me out finding some fired brass last year for 7x64mm after I was having trouble getting hold of some in the UK for one of my lads.

A very very nice man.

Regs Lee

Gets my vote. If we were in the States we would have a 'Hunting' Hall of Fame but if we tried to do this here I'm fairly sure it would quickly decend into an argument or a peeing up the wall contest.
    My list would start with:

HWH
    Kenneth Whitehead
    Ronnie Rose
    Fred Courtier
    Richard Prior
    Fred Marshall
    Arthur Cadman
    Lea McNally

Thinking about it, maybe we need three lists, One for current deer practitioners, One for those influential in the last 50 years or so and a last one for historical figures who have influenced the way we manage deer and wildlife in the UK. The only way I can see that it would work is for people to be able to add to the list but not take people off it. People could comment on each others choices and give anecdotes etc but only in a positive way (if you haven't got something nice to say then say nothing).
    What do you think?
    JC

Sadly JC one of my favourite characters is not in your list now sadly long gone but Henry Tegner i feel should be well up on that list.
    jmho

Henry Tegner was influential on the young Richard Prior. He was also a wonderful writer.

Hubert deserves to be listed amongst the men on that list. He has helped many get into the sport (and many in the sport) for no personal gain.

There are few people in this country that have done more ( and in a totally uncrdited way) for deer stalking than he has.

+1000,000 here guys

What a great gesture BASIL he gets my vote. His Pictures get my vote for the calender if it ever is to be taken further down the pipe line.
    Maybe allow the great Chap himself to deceide upon the pictures & in dedication to himself. Just a thought.

You have my vote basil, great idea

Max

Put Rex Whitta on that list, the greatest influence in deer management in the east of England, head ranger at thetford for many years, was the first and at one time the only deer manager in thetford forest, noted and warned of the Muntjac spreed into the area many many years ago, awarded the Balfor Browne trophy and one of the most unasuming and knowledgeable deer man I've had the privlage to know, Hubert would agree I'm sure. deerwarden