Wanted: Stalking near Spean Bridge, early August

thorneyglatt

I'm looking for a day on stags during the first two weeks of August; within reach of Spean Bridge, and preferably not at the de-luxe end of the market ! Can anyone point me in the right direction, please ?

Corrour Estate, only 15 minutes from Spean brbridge fabulous stalking with lots of deer.
7 munroes on it so some challenging stalking plus lots of flats which are good fun too stalking in and about big hags.
​donald@corrour.co.uk

Try Glen Dessary, you will need to be fit but I know the Estate Manager lives in Spean Bridge and could drive you in / out if required.

It is a fantastic estate with some challenging and rewarding stalking !

And no I do not have a vested interest in recommending here, I have spent several very enjoyable weeks here on the hinds.

Try Peter Swales International Big Game he let stags for the Alcan on Killiehonate which is right next to Spean bridge

Pete Swales will be at Scone & CLA Game Fairs if you want a chat.
(This is a personal recommendation, I have no vested financial interest with the good Dr btw admin.)

There cant be many deer left on Corrour if they have been shooting 300 Stags and 300 Hinds a year (with a good proportion of them being shot out of season) for the past eight years !

There cant be many deer left on Corrour if they have been shooting 300 Stags and 300 Hinds a year (with a good proportion of them being shot out of season) for the past eight years !

You and I must be on exactly the same grapevine !

Regards

​Ed

There is still plenty of Deer on Corrour, However the most important fact is, the guys on the ground and Head Stalker are very helpful so you will have a great day out, with no massive egos to get over which can be rather off putting.

I would second comment from stag 243 very friendly , helpful and a great place to shoot with fantastic views and really helpful stalkers.

If they only managed to shoot 80 stags during the season, then apply for an out of season licence to shoot 200 stags ,there must be something wrong!

If they only managed to shoot 80 stags during the season, then apply for an out of season licence to shoot 200 stags ,there must be something wrong!

Talisker do you perhaps have an axe to grind with Corrour as most of your posts have been anti Corrour in some respect or another?

None of your posts on this tread have been helpful or constructive to the person that asked for help.
So what is your point?

I also suggest you contact SNH for accurate cull figures, as the ones you are quoting seem to be fictional in the extreme.

Mabe you should start your own thread and get it all off your chest, you could call it "disgruntled" or "I hate Corrour"
just a thought.

I agree with you Stag243, worked there for a year and the cull figures quoted for the last 8 years are someway inaccurate.
definitely sounds like someone has an axe to grind.
Great place with good stalkers.

Hi thorneyglatt if you don' get sorted out pm me and i will give you a number of a good friend of mine who could help you. Iv'e been up on his ground at Spean bridge/Fort william.
​Atb John.

Back